Compared to the modern Shanghai Formula One track, Zhuhai is perhaps the lesser known Chinese racing venue, but the track was the first to bring International motor racing to China when it first opened in 1996.
Since then, the track has mostly made international appearances by hosting sports car racing, including the FIA GT championship and the Le Mans Intercontinental Cup.
The track is now available for purchase here, selling for less than four Euros.
Zhuhai for R3E comes on the heels of an overall update for the game, coming with the following changes:
- Added support for Thrustmaster TS PC Racer in “Advanced Mode”
- Added support for colored rev LED’s on Fanatec CSL Steering wheel P1 (Xbox & PS4)
- Game now properly clears the digits shown on the display of Fanatec rims upon closing.
- Turned off Fanatec’s built-in auto-centering of the wheel.
- Increased the default steering lock for gamepad users to 13 after feedback that 8 was too low.
- Cut penalties are now decided by the game when the car has rejoined the track at racing speed, preventing cases where a penalty could sometimes be handed out to a car in an unfair manner.
- Fixed incident reporting in Multiplayer results that would list all incidents in one and unique lap.
- Fixed a case where a player could sometimes be handed a penalty upon spawning on the grid for the race start.
- Fixed a case where “DRS Activated” HUD message could remain stuck on screen when manually shutting DRS off.
- Fixed a case where player was unable to repair a broken front wing in Formula X-17, US or 2.
- Fixed a timing issue on tracks like Nordschleife VLN / 24H that would occur when player did an outlap after pitting.
- AI – Improved fuel calculations for pitstop decisions
- AI – Improved tyre wear calculations for pit decisions
- AI – Fixed a wrong AI behavior where it would fail to brake when caught out of fuel
- AI – Further improvements to their behavior when cars are on different lines.
- AI – Improved pitlane entering behavior on tracks such as Silverstone where AI could be sometimes seen braking in the middle of the track to make it into the pitlane entrance.
- AI – Various DRS and Push to Pass logic improvements
- AI – Fixed a case where, on track layouts like Nordschleife VLN, AI could sometimes be seen having trouble avoiding cars coming out of pitlane.
- AI – Fixed a case where, in a replay, the data display in the cockpit camera would not match what the AI is doing.
- AI – Fixed so refueling is always allowed in practice/qualifying, no matter the car class, preventing AI’s of classes like DTM being caught running out of fuel on longer sessions
- AI – Allowed AI to enter pitlane through any entrance if more than one exists (i.e. – VLN / 24H Nordschleife)
- Reduced the dropping/bouncing that could occur when car is spawning on track
- Triple Screen – Improvement to the balance between clipping through objects close to camera and flickering of distant textures.
- VR – Fixed a case where shadows would not render within a certain perimeter around the player.
- VR – Fixed some window textures not showing transparency when they should
- VR – Race ending phase no longer shows a moving TV camera
- Massive update to French localization in both game and portal sides.
Sound, Physics & AI:
- Audi V8 DTM ‘92 – Fixed an issue with the rate at which the tires were getting worn
- BMW M1 Procar – Adjusted AI braking distances
- Group 5 cars – Adjusted AI braking distances
- GTO cars – Adjusted AI braking distances
- Formula RaceRoom X-17 – Fixed engine that could easily overheat and take damage.
- Formula RaceRoom 2 – Improved AI’s respect for opponents.
- GTR 3 cars – Fixed engine temperature and damage from overheating. Reduced fuel usage.
- Porsche 911 GT3 R – Adjusted placement of the hood camera in triple screen
- WTCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017 – Reduced fuel usage
- Laguna Seca – Fixed AI cutting through the sand when exiting the pitlane through the turn 1 road.
- Lausitzring GP – Fixed AI that was always a bit slow on the newly added GP layout
- Macau – Improved speed at which AI enters pitlane.
- Road America – Moved starting position for leaderboard challenges further towards the S/F line to avoid getting next lap invalidated when doing a mistake in turn 12.
- Zandvoort – Improvements to cut rules to prevent getting penalties when exiting pitlane and rejoining track in a wild fashion.