Th newest issue of rFactornews.com‘s SimRacing Magazine includes a detailed Q&A session with Image Space Incorporated on their upcoming rFactor 2 simulation.
In a nutshell, the Q&A reveals some very interesting details:
- rFactor 2 will go open-beta in 2011 ahead of the official release (possibly in 2011 as well)
- There will be no demo before the release
- There will be no DirectX 11 mode
- rFactor 2 will come with improved netcode
- More licensed content will be added after the release
- The engine powering rFactor is now called isiMotor 2.5
- rFactor 2 comes with an online account system providing matchmaking & updates. It’s free for the first 12 months after purchase and a paid service after that.
Click here to check out the full Q&A for much more info on what’s coming up for rFactor 2, ISI’s take on online cheating prevention and much more!
rFactor 2 will introduce various improvements to the modding-friendly simulation including weather, driver animations and a refined graphics engine alongside plenty of current and historic motor racing content.