Image Space Incorporated have released a brand new build of their rFactor 2 simulation, also releasing a new version of a popular track.
Build 946 introduces a new tone mapper, CPU optimizations as well as gameplay and UI fixes as listed in the changelog before.
Furthermore, ISI has decided to give the Sepang track that has been part of rFactor 2 ever since the first public build a fairly extensive polishing pass.
Build 946 Changelog
– Made “Time Scale” set to “Race %” work for percentage-timed races when a track’s default duration was more than 2 hours (but left mechanical failures work the same way as they had been).
– Added local content management to Launcher.
– Added support for batch downloads in Launcher’s remote content tab.
– Added ring stiffness multipliers to TGM files.
– Added third party content publishing to Launcher.
– By default, the multithreaded physics are turned off for now. Set the PLR file variable “Sim Processor Thresh” to 3 to turn on, or 255 to turn off (note that we don’t allow them to be turned on for dual cores). Please do NOT use +procmask for the purpose of disabling multithreaded physics anymore.
– Number of pitstops as reported in results file and plugin will no longer count drive-thru’s nor Esc’ing from track to garage.
– Made unlimited laps in qualifying truly unlimited.
– Fix for aspect ratio problems in monitor.
– Disabled an unnecessary message pump in the simulation thread. The latter appears to fix the CPU spikes that some were experiencing.
– Added HTTP Basic Authentication to dedicated server mod downloads.
– Fixed halt when returning to monitor. (Cloud maps were being reloaded because the path appeared to change in retail mode.)
– Use any available car in a replay if the original can’t be found (can happen with clients viewing a server replay without having downloaded a virtual vehicle that was present).
– Fixed unnecessary reloads of matchmaker list.
– Lined up vehicle labels in monitor.
– Made vehicle labels more legible under different conditions.
– Fixed multiplayer client skin download status gizmo icons so they are again visible (when they should be).
– Fixed rare problem in ded server where rfm from previous mod was used if it (rmf file) has exact same name as rfm file in current mod.
– Fixed a crash that could happen while resuming a replay of a non-race session.
MODDING / PUBLIC DEV:
– Added playerfile parameter “Disable Resume in Replay”, that when set to 1, will let you jump into realtime during a replay instead of “resuming”. Did this so that a person could record fastest paths from replay files using the AIW editor in the Mod Mode.
– Added ability to look for digital flags so that that a track builder can have a mix of corner workers and digital flags around the track. (animations are: “DF_FLAGDOWN”, “DF_FLAGHELD”, “DF_FLAGWAVE”, “DF_SAFETYCAR”, “DF_VICTORY”, “DF_PRESTART”, “DF_START”)
– simplified grid, pit, & garage spot marking.
– Allowed AIW editor to set number of garages per pit spot for ease of editing.
– Fixed Camera FOV editing.
– Added new MPFile parameter “SERVER_allow_loose_content_transfer” that will disable client to client propagation of custom skins and virtual vehicles (both disabled when set to 0, only virtual vehicles disabled when set to 1, and both working when set to 2)
– In the case of matching names while trying to boot someone, at least kick *someone* (current choice is client before AI).
– Improved multiplayer skin transfers so there is less chance of name mix up.
– New tonemapper
– Optimized single-pass HDR for multiview.
– Adjusted some hdr/sky params to work with new tone mapper
– Increased road mesh density on South Loop
– Added RealRoad tech to curbs
– Remapped RaceGroove
– Added special sign
– Reconformed painted stripes
– Cleaned up and improved road art
– Improved road and terrain materials
– Improved barrier materials
– Improved vegetation textures and materials
– Replaced seats with more recent artwork
– Removed negative mip map bias on all key materials
– Optimized access roads meshes
– Optimized fence textures and materials
– Optimized shadow casters
– Optimized reflections
– Optimized terrain materials a little bit
– Optimized scene by removing a lot of non-essential objects
– Grouped objects for better batching to cure stutters
– Fixed about 100 micrograps in terrain
– Fixed armco collision glitch
– Fixed road mapping
– Fixed odd wet patches
– Fixed visibility of distance markers
– Fixed object popups
– Fixed curb reflections due to RealRoad tech (compromise)
– Fixed scale of ambulances
– AIW improvements
– Updated TDF values
– Removed Legacy HDR Profile