Image Space Incorporated has released a new build of their rFactor 2 racing simulation.
While the new build does not contain any new content or ISI’s soon to be released gJED tool, the new release is particularly interesting for everyone who wants to give rFactor 2 a try as a new demo build has been released as well.
The new demo has been equipped with some of the sims newest content, including the Karts, Formula Renault 3.5, AC427 and the Atlanta Motorsports Park track.
Update 33 (Build 998) Changelog:
- Added an option to the KnockoutQualifying plugin to have a fixed number of vehicles being scored in Q2/Q3/Q4, rather than have a variable number which was computed proportionally based on the number of vehicles in Q1.
- Added the admin command /pitbyvehicle. This is similar to /pitbydriver and /pitbyteam, but finds matches to the Description in the VEH file.
- Online map put player’s icon and the icon for the car to be followed under caution in front of the others so they are easier to keep track of.
- Juggled some suspension geometry initialization so that caster changes affect the outboard pushrod location.
- Added results file tag which lists the layout MAS file.
- Letting “virtual” cars override “Classes” & “Category” from the base vehicle file. (in a text editor, by hand.)
- Made the key for triple-head configuration and the TGM display into a single configurable control.
- Added onboard right track bar adjustment, which requires the HDV [SUSPENSION] setting OnboardRightTrackBarAdjustment=1.
- Expanded multiview adjustments to allow separate side channel settings
- Added multiview adjustment tool, toggle with ctrl-equal
- Default pace car is Corvette
- Made fuel adjustment in legacy HDV variable BoostEffects work on new engine model (note that using the new turbo technology already results in more fuel being consumed naturally).
- Corrected albedo levels on several particle textures.
- Fix for not checking mod versions when changing mods
- Fixed an issue where a rear axle adjustment was essentially being done twice in initialization.
- Fix for the server not writing correct results when everybody leaves the session.
- An attempt to avoid the opponent car jitters that start happening after a few hours and get worse in long multiplayer sessions. This still needs to be tested (using the admin command /forwardseconds should help).
- Fix for locale errors in config.ini
- Corrected static ARB forces (already accounted for non-symmetric ride heights, but now accounts for non-symmetric springs and weights as well)
- Fixed underbody scraping sound.
- Small fix to prevent the upgrade tree list from updating the current track when not in realtime.
- Fixed place readout and camera cycling by place in normal (i.e. non-instant) replay mode.
- The wheels on other clients’ vehicles should usually rotate at approximately the correct speed now.
- Attempted fix for race rejoin where client still thinks the vehicle is under AI control.
- Added “none” to AIW editor text display options. Fixed step distance/speed not getting saved for track overrides in AIW editor.