Sector 3 Studios keep fleshing out the open wheel ladder of their RaceRoom Racing Experience title by adding the Formula RaceRoom FR3.
Modeled after your typical Formula 3 car, the FR3 slots in between the Tatuus F4 car and the FR2 open wheeler already available for the game, forming a complete open wheel career progressing ladder in the car lineup.
Powered by a 240hp engine, the FR3 sells for 349 vRP in the RaceRoom store.
Alongside the new car, the studio has also released a new update for the title, including the following changes:
- Fixed an issue where the game would get stuck after skipping a session in a custom championship.
- Fixed an issue where the car setup file was being saved in the wrong directory after loading championship.
- Fixed an issue with cars being too spread out in rolling start and almost going off the road.
- Fixed an issue where tyres were changing regardless of player choice during pitstop.
- Fixed so brake bias etc. can only be changed as long as the player’s car hasn’t finished the race.
- Reduced FFB slip effects for default xBox gamepad control sets.
- Removed RaceSeriesFormat from multiplayer (now it always use custom/RRE format).
- Disabled full lap time syncing upon joining a dedicated server. It now only requests the best lap time of each opponent instead of all of them. This should help with people experiencing problems when joining a server at the end of a long practice or qualifying session.
- Fixed an issue where opponents driving certain cars such as Audi TT Cup would appear to have a bad stance, appearing taller.
- Fixed an issue with garage countdown timer still being visible in menus after leaving a MP session during garage phase.
- Fixed an issue with dedis not reporting results to the backend.
- Fixed issue with dedis not using correct race length for race 2 & 3.
Sounds, Physics & AI:
- Reduced engine sensitivity to side contacts in mid and rear engine cars
- Sachsenring: Fixed AI hitting the tire wall at pit exit
- Red Bull Ring Spielberg: Added alternative layout Südschleife National Circuit
- Finalized Formula RaceRoom 3 physics and AI for release
Portal & Backend:
- Added option to hide password-protected servers to MP browser.
- Added a quick search field to MP browser.
- Fixed an issue with competition end countdown being inaccurate for players in different timezones.
- Fixed an issue with an essential pack already owned appearing as purchasable when looking at a car in car selection menus.