Slightly Mad Studios have released a special Easter build of their WMD-powered Project CARS title, containing some nice surprises.
The build comes with a fun easter egg hunt for all members to participate in, the quickest three members to locate all five eggs in the Project CARS track environment can win some cool SMS mugs & pens.
But there’s even more as the build also comes with one big Easter egg for all members to enjoy – A classical version of Spa Francorchamps!
In true Easter spirit, the track can’t simply be selected…it needs to be found. So fire up the newest build and search for that historical Belgian roller coaster…. the WMD forums will provide some clues for those stuck in the search.
Build 438 (28/3/13, Team Member+)
* Doppler settings and dynamics of fly by refined
* Exhaust now responds to distance based echo (this is experimental)
* Experimental delay/reverb by distance settings for trackside cams. Effect is slightly exaggerated to assist audibility for testing
* Clear 5 wtc updated with recent weather edits including hortizon sky/emap boost, cloud fade and sun emap intensity
* Multiple changes to wtc files. Addition of emap sun multiplier to clear/cloudy settings to add more contrast to reflections. Addition of lower sky brightness boost to add more contrast and sheen to reflections and to add brightness and bloom on the horizon. Cloud distance fade added in multiple conditions to replace or aid cloud fog. Additional tweaks to balance the above. Addition of a new Rainy2 setting which is based on the recent Overcast2. All settings bar foggy, heavy fog, overcast and clear5 have been edited
* Happy Easter everybody!
* Linen background upgraded and all screens that reference it updated, news ticker now runs along the bottom edge, saving in Options/Online now returns you to the previous page, Remove Ghost button moved to left-hand tile panel, new disabled state for text so it’s easier to read, Steam Community button added to top link bar, other minor visual improvements and bug fixes
* Many tire and setup changes to the BAC Mono, SP300R, JP-LM, Racer L4 and V8, Mustang Boss 302R and BMW M3 GT4. See Physics Releases post #53 for details
* Bathurst: Fixed shader technique on winebushes to avoid normal issue in Bathurst
* Bathurst: Adding possible missing textures for Bathurst
* Bathurst: Fixed 2 trackoft issues pointed out by users on Bathurst
* Heusden: Moved trees closer to track and added large tree to right of start straight approach
* Mitsubishi Lancer: Body Exterior LODX modelling done. Chassis/Interior gaps fixed on front windows
Build 438 is available via the Project CARS launcher that is available on the WMD Downloads Page
Project CARS is coming to the PC, Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and Wii U in 2014. More info can be found on the WMD website.