Two years after the last update, The GTLW Mod Team has released a new version of their highly popular Power & Glory mod for GTR2.
As you can see in the very long changelog below, the team has fixed countless of little issues and added plenty of improvements, including some brand new physics for some of the Ford & Porsche cars.
In order to use version 3.2, version 3.1 needs to be installed. Comprehensive instructions can be found at the download location below.
BUG FIXES / OPTIMIZATIONS:
– Fix for the 1974 Zakspeed Escort RS1600 tyre file, which was causing CTD when using Soft Wet tyres.
– Fix for a wrongly referenced mesh in the Boss302 Mustang cas file, which could cause CTD at low detail setting.
– Fixed wrong tyre textures used on Boss302 Mustangs #15 and #16.
– Fix for missing shadowreceiver of Boss302 Mustang bonnet scoop in cockpit view.
– Fix for exhaust smoke position on Corvette Grand Sports.
– Fix for wrong body mask in Cortina GT #64021.
– Fix for material conflict in all affected 60’s Touring cars.
– Fix for material conflict in all affected 70’s Touring cars.
– Fix for material conflict in all affected GT Over 2 Liter cars.
– Fix for material conflict in almost all affected GT Under 2 Liter cars (still need to do Lotus 7).
– Fix for material conflict in all affected PTC Over 2 Liter cars.
– Fix for material conflict in all affected PTC Under 2 Liter cars.
– Fix for material conflict in Safetycar.
– Fix for to render ABS non-functional on Ford GTs and Porsche 906s
– Fix for wrong dirt/rain screens in Capri 2600 #72023
– Removed unnecessary “invisible” plane under zakspeed escort chassis meshes, and adjusted GraphicalOffset in .hdc to correct height.
– Removed unnecessary “invisible” plane under Detomaso Pantera chassis meshes, and adjusted GraphicalOffset in .hdc to correct height.
– Removed front windscreen banner from Porsche 914/6 #70040 chassis meshes.
– Altered Porsche 914/6 lit headlight texture. #70040 headlight glow now correctly shows no tape marks when lit.
PHYSICS / FEATURES / GAMEPLAY:
– Revised physics for all Ford GT40s
– Revised physics for all Porsche 906s
– Reduced rolling resistance and drag for Alpine A110, #76 & #78 – 1300 engine replaces 1100
– Small changes to Lotus Cortina tyre diameter, ride height and suspension travel. ’65 Mann car now has Goodyear tyres. 67 Alain Dex car now has Firestone tyres
– Lotus Cortinas now in a single category, rather than the previous Works/Mann categories.
– Removed right side mirror and cutoff switch box from Boss302 Mustang #70009
– Revised skin and body mask on Ford Capri #72054
– All GT40s slightly widened and lower nose re-profiled
– Correct diameter tyres for all GT40s
– New BRM style wheels to replace Halibrand wheel for the GT40s which used BRM style wheels
– Revised cockpit for Ford GT MkII – new gauges and repositioned mirror
– Revised cockpit for Gulf GT40s – new tape strip and wheel boss and #6 now has same gauges as #7
– Four sets of correctly sized tyres replace single set on Porsche 906
– Back-fire and passenger seat added to Alpine A110 – #76 & #78 now have 1300 engine exhaust
– New cockpit/dash for 1964 model Lotus Cortinas
– Revised cockpit for later model Lotus Cortinas
– Revised 3D model for Lotus Cortina body featuring new details such as side exhaust, boot lock, 3D Lotus badges, central fuel filler, and bonnet strap.
– New or revised skins for all Lotus Cortinas – #65037 replaces #66013 and #66001 replaces #66027
– Larger diameter tyres for all Cortinas
– Minor pitch corrections for the Ford GT40 and Ford GT MkII, to suit the physics corrections done in the car.
UI / HUD / OPTIONS:
– Included the “PnG UI Language Switcher” tool (located in the main installation folder), so that users can change the language of the Interface and without needing to download this tool separately.
– Corrections in the Italian dictionary files for better translation (external contribution from ‘NickM’).
– Separated the Corvette C2 L76 Roadster from the Corvette C2 Z06 in class lines, so that it can be selected separately (also for dedicated servers).
– Rectified missing lines/text for the specs in showroom for the Corvettes C3 L88 #68002, #68003 and #68045.
– Minor checkbox changes (spacing parameters).
– Car picture in the set-up screens has been changed to a top-view image (of a Cobra roadster) – this substitutes the underside one (of a Ferrari 250 GT) causing confusion to some.
NEW ADDED CONTENT:
– 1969 IGFA German Racing Team Ford GT40