Three days ago, I posted a story on Brazilian racing legend Emerson Fittipaldi giving Game Stock Car 2013 a try.
Many of you demanded more details about his experience and the feedback he gave and Reiza Studios’ Renato Simioni was kind enough to share some more info on the occasion, right here on VirtualR:
For those who are interested, here are a few more details about the occasion:
– The meeting was not in our office but at Emerson´s own home – he got the simulator for himself and for his 7-year old son (who is taking up karting) to practice;
– The pictures were taken while Emerson was sharing the first few laps with his son, who as most kids that age, was very excited with the new “toy” and not willing to share it for very long 🙂 For that reason the simulator was kept adjusted to little Emmo;
– Emerson was straight at home and drove confortably at first while some driving aids were still on – he complained he could feel them interfering and asked for us to switch it off. When we did he had a couple of spins but very quickly got the hang of it – within a few more laps he´d have no problems turning in competitive times;
– He spent a good while marvelling at his replays, to the desperation of little Emmo beside him 🙂 ;
– There is a video but in between the engine noise and his son shouting you can barely hear him;
– Someone mentioned most people specially his age wouldn´t remember details of experiences from a long time ago, and indeed many racing drivers don´t seem to preserve a very long term memory… Emmo however is *very* sharp and remember events from his career in minute detail – worth checking his blog entries in the Mclaren website http://www.mclaren.com/formula… Fittipaldi to see the man knows his history – he recalled in detail the engine problems he had in the 1976 brazilian GP which forced him to drop out from his promising 5th grid position.
– I wouldn´t discard seeing him pop online for a multiplayer race on occasion 🙂