Fanatec has announced another addition to their ever-increasing portfolio of pro-grade sim racing hardware as the Formula V2 ClubSport Wheel Rim has been unveiled.
Wrapped in a very distinctive and racy-looking paint job, the Formula V2 is made of metal and carbon fibre, featuring Alcantara leather grips for comfort and grip. The wheel rim comes with 11 buttons and two paddle shifter buttons, two rocker switches and two 12-way-multi position switches that also function as rotary encoders. The button variety does not stop there as the wheel also comes with an analog joystick, a 7-way “Funky-Switch” and two thumb-encoders.
Feedback to racers is provided by a built-in LED bar and two vibration motors as well as an OLED display, rounding out a very impressive piece of kit.
The Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 is officially licensed for both Microsoft’s Xbox One and Windows 10. The wheel is now available for pre-order, selling for 349,95€ in the EU or 349,95 Dollars (plus VAT) in the United States.
Sim Racers who pre-order now will be receiving their wheel by the end of February, more purchasing info is available on the Fanatec website.
The Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 comes with the following features:
- Formula style steering wheel. The compact diameter of 27cm allows fast movements and reactions
- Officially licensed for Xbox One and Windows 10
- Durable construction made of metal and carbon fibre
- 5 mm solid carbon fibre front plate
- Grips made of genuine Italian made Alcantara®. This material is easy to clean and provides a sensational grip
Steering wheel weight without PODIUM Advanced Paddle Module approx. 1245 g (subject to production changes). With PODIUM Advanced Paddle Module: approx. 1375 g.
- 11 Buttons plus two paddle shifter buttons with ultra-reliable switches
- Two rocker switches
- Two 12-way multi-position switches which can also be used as rotary encoders
- Analog joystick to look around in the cockpit or to map with any other axis
- 7-way FunkySwitch™ to change settings: Turn left; turn right; move left, right, up and down; push (active in Tuning Menu and compatible with any PC game)
- Two thumb encoders easily reachable while driving without releasing the grips
- Two vibration motors integrated with the grips, controllable through wheel Tuning Menu (SHO) or by game through Fanatec SDK
- Revolution LED bar (RevLEDs) with nine multi-colour LEDs to show motor RPM and optimal shifting point as games program through the Fanatec SDK
- Two flag LED bars (FlagLEDs) with three multi-colour LEDs each to indicate tyre slip, fuel level, incoming radio as games program through the Fanatec SDK
- White Xbox One connection status LED
- 1″ 128×64 OLED display to show telemetry data like speed or gear as games program through the Fanatec SDK
- Tuning functions with OLED display to adjust settings independent from the game and during gameplay (see the description of compatible wheel base/racing wheel for details)
- Adjustable and detachable paddle shifters completely made of metal. Adjust angle, distance to rim and travel of the paddles
- Shifter paddles are easily upgradable to PODIUM Advanced Paddle Module (optional)
- Detachable Xbox One button caps
- Racing style button caps included
Compatible to a wide of bases, the Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 is race to be put on the following bases:
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5
- CSL Elite Wheel Base
- CSL Elite Wheel Base + – officially licensed for PS4™
- CSL Elite Racing Wheel – officially licensed for PS4™
- PODIUM Wheel Base DD1
- PODIUM Wheel Base DD2
- PODIUM Racing Wheel F1® PS4™
However, due to technical limitations, the Formula V2 can not be used on the Clubsport Wheel Base 1 & 1.5 though.