Woochoo has released a new version of Longford 1967, bringing the highly-reworked legendary Tasmanian race track to rFactor.
– New building models: Pub, Tannery, Barn on Tannery Straight, Pit Straight Foot Bridge, food stall and toilets.
– New object models: starter’s drum, start finish signs, small camera/spectator towers, culverts/drains, wire fence panels and gates, fuel/oil drums/barrels, aluminium/timber sponsor boards, small toolboxes, oil cans.
– Many more polygons in road (~rF2 specification @ ~1.5m squares = 6 panels wide X ~1.5m long). Bumps are geometry, no TDF bumps.
– Many more polygons in road-side terrain.
– Animated flags and bunting.
– New grass clump textures. More grass clumps.
– New and more car models (spectators, race entrants waiting in paddock, ambulance).
– Higher-res bush textures (most of them).
– New gravel textures.
– New water texture (thanks cgtextures.com )
– Added/redone spec and/or normal mapping on a few things.
– Less 2D ‘bush walls’, more 3D/X-plane bushes.
probably other things too… such as:
– Return of the rainy and overcast versions.
– Flying Mile has been realigned and is more accurate than ever.
– Kink near the end of Tannery Straight now has a more accurate elevation profile.
– King’s Bridge now has more even arch/hump.
– My first ever sky textures (dawn, day (lightly cloudy & overcast), sunset, night (blank)
– New photo horizon.
– Scratch-made wet road textures, inc. my first ever cube map
– ‘Helicopter’ camera set (Group 4).
– New white painted fences (start area, viaduct, bridges etc).
– Fewer shadows here and there, should improve performance a little.
– More detail on external road (opposite the pub).
– New tram model in the paddock (Used as race control in the ’50s & subsequently as the police headquarters during race weekends – Originally Launceston’s Tram #4)
Located outside of Longford, Longford Circuit was a 7 kilometer race track on the Australian island of Tasmania. The circuit opened in 1953 and was operational until 1968, its layout included nine corners, the scenic circuit included a railway crossing as well as a bridge and a viaduct.[boxdownload]Download Longford 1967 0.99 Here[/boxdownload]