Back when the site was reactivated a week ago, many of your rightfully pointed out that VirtualR was in dire need of an overhaul. Too many parts of the site had not been updated in a long time as the age of the design that Rob introduced in 2011 was showing. With the site in its tenth year, it was time for an all-new look to bring VirtualR into 2017.
- Fully responsive design that works flawlessly on all devices, mobile or desktop
- Clutter-free frontpage layout with streamlined ad integration for improved readability
- Infinite-scrolling layouts on the front page & category pages (because clicking “Next Page” all the time is so 2010!)
- Snappier site performance thanks to lost code ballast
- Color-coded categories for easy navigation
- In-comment advertising removed
A few little things here and there might change in the coming days as we fine tune the new look. If you spot a bug somewhere on the site, please let us know in the comment area so we can look into it.
We hope all you long time readers enjoy the new look and if not, give it a few day to adjust to it. Either way we would like to get as much feedback as possible, so please comment away below.