Turn 10 Studios has released another major racing series license for their upcoming Forza Motorsport 6 title.
Following an agreement with the Fia Formula E series, Forza Motorsport 6 will also extensively feature Australia’s hugely popular V8 Supercar touring car series.
While Forza Motorsport 6 won’t feature the complete series grid, the ten cars chosen to be represented in the game include all five manufacturers that are currently racing in the series.
The following V8 Supercars will be included in Forza Motorsport 6:
- 2015 Mercedes-Benz #4 Erebus Motorsports E63 AMG V8 Supercar
- 2015 Holden #22 Holden Racing Team VF Commodore
- 2015 Mercedes-Benz #9 Erebus Motorsport E63 AMG V8 Supercar
- 2015 Volvo #33 Wilson Security Racing GRM S60
- 2015 Holden #97 Tekno Autosports VF Commodore
- 2015 Holden #1 Red Bull Racing Australia VF Commodore
- 2015 Holden #14 Lockwood Racing VF Commodore
- 2015 Ford #5 Pepsi Max Crew PRA Falcon FG X
- 2015 Nissan #23 Nissan Motorsport Altima
- 2015 Ford #17 Xbox Racing Ford Falcon FG X
Being the second Forza Motorsport coming to Microsoft’s current console generation, Forza Motorsport 6 will be the first title of its franchise to feature both weather effects and night racing.
While players will have the option to race in rainy conditions & during night time, both features will be non-dynamic, not allowing any changes of weather or time progression during events. The latter may have been one of the reasons endurance racing has been cut from the new title as well.
In technical aspects, Turn 10 Studios are aiming for 60fps at 1080p resolution on Microsoft’s platform while raising the number of cars on track to 24.
Forza Motorsport 6 is due to be released on September 15, 2015.