Fanatec has unveiled the Universal Wheel hub for Xbox One, revealing the first ever Fanatec product to be compatible to Microsoft’s current console platform.
Instead of releasing a brand new wheel with Xbox One compatibility, Fanatec’s choice of making a new universal wheel hub ensures that many Fanatec owners can make use of their existing hardware including wheel bases and wheel rims.
The new Universal Wheel Hub works with Fanatec’s CSW & CSW V2 wheel bases and the company’s choice of wheel rims, including:
- GT for supercars and road racing
- Oval for NASCAR and similar series
- Drift for rally, off-road and drift simulations
- Classic for vintage race cars
- Round1 for vintage open wheelers
- Flat1 for modern open wheelers, F1, LMP1 or DTM series
Furthermore, users can of course mount any third-party steering wheel thanks to the wheel hub’s modular design.
Also compatible to the PC, Playstation 3 & 4, the new Xbox One Universal Wheel Hub guarantees complete cross compatibility across all of today’s relevant platforms.
- A connected wheel base will become Xbox One compatible
- Fully assembled and pre-configured to mount the GT rim (or similar). Just attach a wheel rim with 6 screws.
- Detachable button caps with Xbox One symbols
- 16 integrated buttons on top of the hub
- 4 button boxes with 3 buttons each
- FunkySwitch(tm) with 4-way direction pad, 2-way turning function and push button. Comes with a metal knob
- Small or big shifter paddles for different rim diameters.
- The big shifter paddles are fully adjustable in distance, width and angle
- Shifter paddle units can be taken off to save weight.
- LED display for Tuning or telemetry functions. It can be installed in two positions: Standing or flat
- USB port to charge a smartphone. No data
- An additional 5th button box unit can be attached (not included)
- Data port for future feature upgrades
The Xbox One Universal Wheel hub will be available starting May 28, selling for 349 Euros/Dollars, a 50 Euro/Dollar premium over the regular Universal Wheel Hub that lacks the Xbox One compatibility.
More information on the product is available in Fanatec’s webshop.