Even though Codemasters announced that their Formula One 2010 game will be revealed to the media on March 17th, first details have now been disclosed via the Official Xbox Magazine.
The four-page preview article includes first-ever preview screenshots of the upcoming game, showing various cars in action on several tracks. Also included are first previews of the game’s impressive wet weather effects.
As mentioned in the article, the previews show 2009 season cars as placeholders because the brand-new cars of the upcoming 2010 season aren’t ready to be shown off yet. It’s unknown whether or not the title will only contain the 2010 season or if the 2009 cars will be included as well.
Furthermore, the article mentioned the title’s dynamic weather system and other features such as the title’s management-style features. Instead of just racing, the game’s career mode will give players the ability to influence off-track parts of the career such as speaking to the media, their team and their team-mate with the choice of words affecting the outcome of the career and the relationship to the team. This adds a new and realistic element to the experience as a Formula One driver’s career doesn’t end with stepping out of the car.
Details in a nutshell:
– F1 2010 will be released for the PC, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360
– The title will feature the upcoming 2010 season, including all cars and tracks
– The tracks will be laser-scanned for maximum accuracy
– It’s unknown whether or not the pictured 2009-season cars will be included as well
– F1 2010 uses Codemasters’ EGO engine known from Colin McRae DIRT 2
– The title comes with an extensive dynamic weather system, including weather changes, puddles and drying racing lines
– The game’s career mode will include interaction with co-drivers, the team and the media – Objectives will differ on whether you´re driving for a backmarker team or a championship-contender
Following their maiden Formula One title that was released only for the Playstation Portable and the Nintendo Wii, Codemasters will be bringing the 2010 Formula One season to the PC, the Xbox 360 and the Playstation 3. A release date for the title has not been announced yet.