If you are an avid sim racer, you have most likely heard of Derek Speare Designs and their button boxes.
DSD is branching out to even bigger projects than button controllers now though, including shifters, a handbrake and what is probably the most impressive project – The DSD Professional Grade Pedals.
Using authentic Willwood Racing pedals, the pedal set is made out of authentic car parts that are made to work in a sim racing environment:
- Wilwood Racing Pedals: Real world pedals for real world racing cars
- 100kg Load Cell
- 21 day delivery time
- Million Life Cycle Pots on throttle and clutch
- Heavy duty throttle return spring added
- “Smooth Action”, ultra reliable clutch pedal
- 3/4″ Antistatic UHMW baseplate – ultra stiff, ZERO flex
- DSD 12 Bit Controller with variable sensitivity brake pedal control
- DSD Customer Commitment – Lifetime enjoyment built into each set
- Original, proprietary design
- “Race Feel” brake pedal – firm and gives perfect control for threshold braking
- Heel plate extension will be offered as an additional option; bolts on in seconds – Diamond Tread or Brushed as options
The pedal set sells for $795 in the United States and the $895 for international customers, both prices include shipping.
Unfortunately can’t just buy the pedals though as the last two batches sold out in 39 minutes and 3 minutes respectively. In order to get a shot at one of these, interested sim racers should sign up for the email alert to receive the ordering link 24 hours in advance.
The sign up for the e-mail alert as well as lots more photos, drawings and info can be found on the DSD site here.