James Skinner has released version 1.0 of his Thruxton track for Assetto Corsa, bringing a new quality track to the simulation.
- Fixed start-finish timing gate issues where it was possible to not register a lap in pits if too far to one side.
- Fixed sector 1 and 2 timing gates where it was possible to not register a lap if off track.
- Removed black flag penalty for 4 wheels out on exit of Club Chicane – start finish line was too close to slow down and black flag was too harsh.
- Adjusted penalty for cutting track at Club chicane to just 2 secs as it’s easy to be pushed off here.
- Fixed grid spacing positions as cars were way too close together on first release.
- Fixed non physical tyrewall on outside of Village corner where cars could pass through.
- Removed flying tire stack at world centre.
- Fixed incorrect track length in UI description.
- Made a few cosmetic changes to textures to match recent changes at the circuit.
- Updated textures to kerbs with proper specular and detail maps – still work in progress.
- Updated textures on many buildings.
- Added camera facing crowds.
- Added many other trackside objects and infield buildings.
Opened for motorsports in 1950, Thruxton Circuit is located on a former Royal Airforce airfield. The 3.8 kilometer track incorporates 11 turns and hosts various national series such as the British Formula 3, the British GT as well as the world-famous BTCC series.[boxdownload]Download Thruxton 1.0 for Assetto Corsa Here[/boxdownload]