Kunos Simulazioni has officially revealed their new simulation that will be released in 2012 – Assetto Corsa.
Following the first teaser that was released a week ago, the studio has revealed a first batch of previews and info on the new title. Assetto Corsa comes with plenty of innovations that have never been seen in any Kunos title before, including AI opponents and full modding support!
Assetto Corsa will be powered by a DirectX 11 graphics engine with state of the art post-processing effects like DOF & Blur. Content wise, the new simulation will offer plenty of licensed cars from all forms of circuit racing as well as laser-scanned tracks.
- DirectX 11 graphics engine
- Advanced physics model
- Accurate car dynamic modeling -Innovative artificial intellicence algorithms -Multiplayer races over the Internet
- Fully customizable graphical user interface -Immersive 3D sounds
- Official licensed cars (single seaters, Production, GT, GTR, historic F1 and GT cars, prototypes, and so on )
- Official licensed tracks modeled using Laserscan technology (modern, historic, closed tracks, open courses)
- Extensive support for user created mods
Below are first previews of Assetto Corsa as well as a teaser video. The previews show off the Imola circuit as well as the Fiat Abarth 500 an a historic Formula One racer.
The development of Assetto Corsa is funded by the earnings from netKar Pro & Ferrari Virtual Academy, Kunos asks sim racers who want to support their upcoming product by buying and enjoying these two titles.