The Sim Factory is hard at work improving their ARCA Sim Racing 2008 title and getting the franchise ready for the future.
In a recent development update, the team released a first preview of the Chevy Silverado truck, a new model to be added to ARCA 2008. The truck will be followed by another new car as the Chevrolet Impala will be added as well.
Aside from keeping the current title fresh, the team is already concentrating on the second version of their stock car racing simulator. Even though the Sim Factory acknowledges that their competitors in virtual stock car racing (mainly iRacing) have raised the bar quite a lot, the studio promises to meet these new standards and improve the physics to “lightyears beyond any stock car simulation software that has ever released to the PC platform for the sim racing and professional motorsports communities”.
That is quite a promise the team will have to back up with their new title, the ingredients such as laser-scanned tracks seem to be there though. Right now, ARCA Sim Racing uses ISI’s gMotor 2 engine, it is extremely unlikely that the new title will be using the same technical base for the new version.
Features of Version 2
– A complete roster of Laser Scanned Tracks
– Higher level of realism in regard to vehicle dynamics, tire modelling as well as aerodynamic protocols
-Far more stock car racing vehicle content: Asphalt and long awaited dirt content
– An immense library of tracks
– New and easier to use Front End System
– In-Depth Statistical Ranking Systems
– Far more complex lobby system
– Completely new User Interface system
– A host of new in-game features