Almost two weeks ago, Thrustmaster unveiled their officially Ferrari-licensed Formula One rim for the T500 RS wheel at the Italian Grand Prix.
Among the media present at the launch was InsideSimRacing’s Andreas Nie who filed the following video report from the event. Unfortunately, filming was not allowed during the presentation so we´re still waiting for first moving footage of the new wheel rim. Andreas managed to snap plenty of photos, capture some audio and even get an interview with Thrustmaster CEO Claude Guillemot though.
Meanwhile, the new rim is now officially listed on Amazon for release on September 30, we also get to check out a first official product photo and a feature list.
– Full-size replica of the Formula 1 Ferrari 2011 racing wheel, under official license by Ferrari, for your T500 RS.
– Genuine F1-style scratched-brushed metal “Push & Pull” shifters
– Reinforced scratched-brushed metal facing ensuring optimum solidity and inertia
– Rubber-textured wheel offering a realistic and comfortable grip
– Professional quality rotary knobs, switches and action buttons:
*2 x encoder rotary knobs (to adjust car settings directly during the race)
*8 x dual detent push-buttons
*3 x 3-position metal switches with wheel re-centering
*2 x up/down speed shifters (F1 “Push & Pull”¨ style)
*2 x high pressure, 8-directional D-pads responding to realistic pressure
– Two available game modes:
“Normal” mode, PC and PS3. compatible (offering 13 action buttons and 3 D-pads)
“Advanced” mode, PC compatible (offering 25 action buttons and 1 D-pad)
The Ferrari Formula One rim will be available both as add-on for the T500 RS starting September 30 and selling for 149€. In late October, the “Integral” edition with wheel base and pedals will be available as well, it has not been confirmed whether Thrustmaster will also be offering the current T500 RS GT wheel as add-on option for the Integral buyers.