Test Drive Unlimited 2 – Lots of New Details & Previews
German Gamestar magazine has been getting a major scoop on Atari’s Test Drive Unlimited 2, revealing plenty of new details and some new screenshots.
Perhaps the most surprising bit of news in their article is that TDU 2 won’t just include the brand new island of Ibiza but also the Hawaiian island of Ohau known from the first Test Drive Unlimited.
Players will be able to switch between the islands using the airport after reaching a certain level in the game, Oahu won’t just be ported over from TDU but will be equipped with many new roads and other features to match the quality of the successor.
Other revealed details include:
- Houses are able to be explored on-foot by the players.
- Rain washes dirt and mud off the vehicles.
- Weather varies from sunshine and rain to grown-up storms.
- New vehicle confirmed: Lancia Delta Integrale.
- New handling/physics: shown by a demo-comparism between Audi TT (AWD) and Ford Mustang Fastback (RWD) which showed how players can now feel more of the true car’s behaviour.
Below are six new previews scanned from the magazine, showing the very detailed house interior, the mentioned Lancia Delta Integrale and more.
Test Drive Unlimited 2 will be coming to the PC, the Xbox 360 and the Playstation 3 this fall. New features include the brand-new island of Ibiza, vehicle damage, weather and a full 24-hour day & night cycle.
Scans via All Games Beta