svictor has released a new version of his ever-improving rFactor 2 version of the legendary Targa Florio made by the Targa Florio Conversion Team.
Version 0.28 of the iconic Italian venue comes with new 3D grass, new ambient sounds and other small improvements. Furthermore, the version adds four rally stages based on the original track for those who feel the 72-monster too daunting to tame in one piece!
– New 4 rally stages, all pits&garages&grids are set at same location. (Do not click RACE button until the start of session timer begins to countdown, otherwise will receive penalty. AI currently does not work at Stage 4, other Stages are ok.)
– New 3D grass, enabled by setting “Circuit Detail” to FULL (lower “Circuit Detail” to disable).
– New set of Loading Screens & Icons (thanks to the track map created by John Bradley).
– Added some ambient sounds.
– Adjusted terrain feedback for grass and gravel.
– Reduced cut detection.
– Fixed horizon & various objects LOD issue.
– Fixed some road texture UV map.
– Fixed various objects.
– Removed pitlane speed limit.
– Original GPL & RF2 Credits readme.txt are now packaged inside Targa_Florio.mas
Located on the Italian Island of Sicily, the 72 kilometer track is one of the most epic motorsport race tracks ever used. As safety concerns became an influence in international motorsports, the Targa Florio sports car race lost its world championship status and is still run as an Italian rallye today.