T500 RS Load Cell Mod – Video

Todd Bettenhausen has released a little review video on the load cell brake mod for the Thurstmaster T500 RS.

Even though the T500 RS comes with pretty much all bells and whistles of a high end wheel, the pedal set lacks a load cell brake such as the one Fanatec is offering on their Clubsport pedals.

Bodin Solutions has created a load cell mod for the T500 RS which Todd shows off below, the mod sells for $149.95 – More info can be found here.

GTOmegaRacing.com

• Anonymous

Is this thing ever available?

• Anonymous

Out of stock…..

• Anonymous

Everytime I look it’s out of stock! So for a bit more money I’m ordering Fanatec pedals, dont want to wait anymore.

• http://www.facebook.com/people/Jason-Cooper/100001266321716 Jason Cooper

u wont regret it v1 or v2 the best for the money

• steve30x

I have CSR Elite pedals and they are fantastic. I came from G25 pedals and it felt weird for a few weeks but now the thought of goingf back to Logitech pedals makes me squirm.

• Anonymous

I just came here to ask: Am I the only one that thought the T500 already came with a load cell? I just figured considering how expensive it is.

Well, now I know my next wheel is absolutely going to be a Fanatec.

• John Krisfalusci

I had a T500 for a year before I sold it. They always have units at Fry’s Electronics for 399.99, much lower than amazon or elsewhere.

Anyway I wanted to mention that it already comes with a load cell. It looks like a small square hard piece of rubber with a metal spring in the middle of it. I don’t remember exactly if you screw it on or plug it behind the bracket but when you brake with it, you can feel that you need to press harder to brake, but something about it feels off, what I mean is you press a little to smoothly brake, and then you have to literally put 20 pounds of force to feel the next braking level… hope that didn’t confuse anyone but now I’m looking towards the clubsport v2 pedals can’t wait~ ^_^ Cheers.

• Anonymous

that is not a load cell….

• John Krisfalusci

What is it then?

• rony1984

its a module to mimic the feeling of a load cell, but the basics are still the same. I don’t like the feeling myself; when the spring is compressed it just feels to springy, much like the springs in a mattress. And in addition to that the pedal travel is decreased significantly, making it more or less a on/off switch

• John Krisfalusci

Yeah, that’s exactly how I felt with it as well. ^^