Sector3 Studios have released a new update for their RaceRoom Racing Experience title, adding plenty of improvements and paving the way for future new content.
The 5.7 GB update adds a new free to play car as the Lada Vesta can now be raced without purchase. Furthermore, the update also prepares the sim for the release of the upcoming 2020 DTM cars that have recently been shown off for the first time.
Also, the new update puts quite an emphasis on sounds as cockpit cams are now equipped with vehicle-specific backfire sound samples that now come in richer patterns. Also added are brake whine sound effects relative to brake disc temperatures, new sounds for the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup and more as listed below!
- Lada Vesta is now free to play with 2 liveries, playable against WTCR car classes.
- Prepared content for upcoming DTM 2020 competitions
- Sounds – Cockpit cameras now feature backfire samples specific to the interior of the car, bringing extra life and vibrance.
- Sounds – New lot of samples for backfires and made their patterns richer. Amount of backfire is car dependant and much more diverse than before.
- Sounds – Brake disk whine samples volume is now affected by the brake disk temperature. New recordings of brake whines for GT cars.
- Sounds – New fuel pumps samples
- Sounds – New gravel sound samples.
- Sounds – Porsche 911 GT3 Cup – New sound recordings
- Drag Reduction System and Push to Pass are now split in two unique control bindings
- Added a key binding for FFB Multiplier, allowing to adjust this setting from inside the car.
- Moved some old HUD overlays to the butterHUD system (Traction Control, Brake Bias)
- Disabled the in-game screenshot capture system, as it caused conflicts with and was inferior in quality to Steam’s own screenshot capturing. Visit your Steam client settings menu to bind a key and select a folder for your screenshots.
- Changed so the graphics_options.xml located in your Documents folder now contains variable names, making it easier to edit some settings through notepad.
- Dedicated server – Scheduler – Improvements to handling of different time zones between browser and host machine
- AI – Porsche 911 GT3 Cup + Sprint – Tweaks to improve their handling of slow turns
- AI – DEKRA Lausitzring – Fixed AI braking later than the pit lane entrance gate.
- AI – Dubai – Fixed some broken waypoint that was causing AI’s to stop driving
- AI – Nordschleife – Calmed down some AI’s around the Adenauer forest.
- Art – DEKRA Lausitzring – Fixed the sudden disappearance of certain track objects while sitting in the gravel in turns 8 and 10.
- Art – Sachsenring – Updates to bring it to 2020 visuals.
- Art – Spa-Francorchamps – Updates to bring it to 2020 visuals
- Renamed Mazda Laguna Seca into Weathertech Raceway Laguna Seca.