As Project CARS edges closer to the alpha stage, more and more features are being added to the WMD-powered title.
The newest feature-addition came today as the newest build adds experimental support for head tracking devices such as TrackIR and and FaceTrackNoIR.
As usual with early additions, the feature is still being fine-tuned and by no means complete, but it already works rather well as you can check out in two beautiful videos made by WMD member M4MKey below.
Build 691 (26/03/14, Team Member+) – 666.1 MB
* Fix for PS4 shadow rotation texture
* Fix for compile error on non-PC platforms
* Fixes problem with shadow rotation texture not being set
* Removed parent override links from new tyre smoke effect definitions, to allow modifications to the supporting code without breaking the system entirely or causing a sudden drop in smoke quality
* Boost shadow detail for cinematic cameras: None => No change, Low => Medium, Medium => High, High => Ultra
* Fix for DeferredLighting shadowrotation texture crash on boot
* Added TrackIR test
* Enabled first version of TrackIR support
* Removed Oculus Rift SDK (now interfaced via SteamVR via Base)
* Updated Driver Network Profile page
* Caterham R500: Increased minimum ride height. Different LSD setup to prevent mid-corner understeer
* Ford Focus RS: Major physics update
* Caterham Classic: Reduced FFB multiplier to help clipping issues
* Pit sequence now has a reset function to reset the pit sequence when the player resets the session. : iainc
* Ensure that pit team ids are unique per participant
* Accolades now unlocked based on winning events via the event/accolade data : stuart
* Career Championships: Uk Rookie Proto3 Cup (Prototype LMP3 series) – First release.
* Accolades now unlocked based on winning events via the event/accolade data
* Sauber C9 Mercedes: Vintage Michelin tires dds texture, badges dds texture, windscreen reflections dds texture, wheels dds texture, misc dds texture, lights dds texture, lightglass dds texture, brake disc dds texture, windscreen banner dds texture – new texture, initial check in
* All Tracks: Textures for trackside Ausa crane.
* Azure Coast: Added all new missing stuff, updated static items all around the new sections, updated crowds all around new sections
* Snetterton: Viewer assets changes
* Loire: Added txt a119 building
– Replays in MP: Not working as they should
– P2P Tracks: Don’t press return to pitbox
– x64 temporarily disabled due to steam client issues.
Project CARS will be available for the PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Steam OS, and Wii U starting Fall 2014. More info can be found on the WMD website.