Project CARS – Special Build 141 Available
Just three days after the regular release of the weekly build on Friday, WMD members with Team Member status and above get to enjoy a special new build of Slightly Mad Studios’ Project CARS.
Build 141 introduces vast improvements made with the title’s input & force feedback system and the developers are looking for as much feedback on these changes as possible, leading to this special release.
The new release also contains all changes made by the Senior Manager Build 140, including a much-improved UI featuring a Digital Manual, new versions of various tracks and lots of other changes & improvements as listed below:
Build 141 (30/1/12, Team Member+)
- Disable visual steering wheel prediction
- FFB progressive slip updates for understeer improvements
- Protect against no vehicle details having been set for player when doing seat adjustments
- Take direction into account when validating quick race track selection
- WIP – subtle FFB engine vibration (enabled on Logitech devices for now). New profile required
- Input Lag updates
- Added F1 menu item for Render Bridge Interval
- Legs/fingers micromovement
- Updated the TRDs to have appropriate “Setup Group” data (Circuits/Karts/Test Track)
- SuperKart: cockpit display added
- Seatbelts and face rig added for Driver
- Ariel Atom: new collisions finished, WIP ambient occlusion
- Massive update to the UI (see UI Engineering Thread)
- Corrected maximum opponent count.
- Decimal places added to Tire Pressure in advance of Steve reducing the number by 100
- Set quick race grid position to random (may change depending on WMD poll result).
- Car Setup on main screen swapped over to Options instead
- Increase grip of drains and astro turf.
- 1st pass textures Belgian Forest
- Deleted desktop and start menu Wip Lag shortcuts
- New Connecticut Hill exports
- New Belgium Forest export
Click Here To View The Changelogs Of Build 140
Build 140 (30/1/12, Senior Manager)
- Added callbacks to modify setup visual values
- Remove hardcoded max participant numbers in special effects code
- Validate quick race menu options when changing track
- Driver paddle animations, idle finger animations
- -new 1pv 3pv , in out sets, adjusted with local layers for better manipulation
- Driver helmet skin cleanup + visor bones added
- Driver rig export + face rig + seatbelt rig added
- Moved the starting point for the rolling start for the TT event on Bologna. Player now takes control just before the 90 degree turn before the S/F straight.
- Allow 32 participants in quick race again
- Add 1st pass textures for Belgian Forest asset
- New Bathurst export
- New Northampton export
- New Caterham export
To play the builds, Team Membership of Project CARS is required, membership starts at a one-time payment of 10€ for Junior access, including access to the busy WMD forum where members can talk to the development team and help shape Project CARS. For more info on pricing and benefits of membership, check out the WMD website.
Those who are still unsure on what the Project CARS experience is about can check out a stunning new video trailer made by WMD member BSNismo below, showing the content of the current development builds in action.