Project CARS – Now Available on Steam + New Trailer!
As announced a few weeks ago, Project CARS is making the transition to Steam as the newest Junior build is now available on Valve’s platform!
Instead of using the trusted launcher application, WMD members can now download their development builds of Project CARS within Steam.
A detailed instruction manual on how to get going with Project CARS & Steam is available to members here, the new build is available to all member levels – including Juniors!
Build 510 (5/7/13, Junior Member+)
* Fix for leaked lights from the lightning manager on shutdown
* WiiU buildaries – dictionary file gather and store in shaders.bff. Add first working version of FXCompilerWiiU exe to BuildTools
* Setup for new lightning effects..
* Clear6 changed to new experimental clear condition that is more tropical in feel with darker saturated blue sky and heavier blue haze in daytime and a bright intense sun. Tone mapping effect isnt working great in this setting atm as Rob and I are still looking into that. Also has some banding on the new skies
* Added Hazy 2, which is more of a bright sunny day for a more dusty arid location
* Initial audio for the weather sounds (not enabled in game)
* Tire.rg: Revised heating on GT Slick – GreenFlash plus some carcass tweaks
* Derby National/GP: Fixed issues with flying adverts, further cutting in of outer roads in outer terrain
* Eifelwald: New export
* Bumped version of all vehicles for Friday’s stat reset
* BMW Z4 GT3: Adjusted setup for new tires. Brake heating/cooling/wear all tuned
* BMW M3 GT: Adjusted setup for new tires. Brake heating/cooling (not final) taken from Z4 GT3
* Pagani Zonda R: New setup for new tires
* BMW M3 GT4: New setup for new tires
Meanwhile, WMD member JonZ has released a stunning new video trailer entitled “Speed & Sound”, featuring footage from the development builds of Project CARS and some superb cinematography!
Project CARS is coming to the PC, Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and Wii U in 2014. More info can be found on the WMD website.