Slightly Mad Studios have successfully released their WMD-powered Project CARS title as the simulation is now available around the world on Steam as well as in stores in Europe & Australia.
The title’s successful release brings a remarkable story in the world of virtual racing to its successful conclusion as the development of Project CARS using the innovative World of Mass Development platform was first outlined by Head of Studio Ian Bell on VirtualR all the way back in April 2011.
His vision of developing an AAA racing title without a big publisher and solely relying on the power of the community has bear successful fruits as Project CARS has been met with critical acclaim by the gaming press, currently maintaining a 85-point Meteoritic store.
Within 48 hours of being released, Project CARS has shot up the ranks in many gaming stores, currently being the best-selling game in many national Amazon outlets and having become the most-played racing game on Valve’s Steam platform.
- The largest track roster of any recent racing game with 110+ unique locations
- A wide variety of motorsports including GT, Touring, Le Mans Prototypes, Karts, and modern Open Wheel and 80+ cars available at launch
- Dynamic weather, pit stops, and pit strategy creation
- Dynamic time of day and endurance races including the Le Mans 24H
- World-class graphics running at 60 fps with up to 45 drivers onscreen
- Next-gen physics running at 600 fps and deep telemetry & tuning features
- Competitive multiplayer for up to 16 players and the ability to create public, private and friend-based lobbies with ‘Join In Progress’
- Asynchronous Time Trial with downloadable ghosts
- Regularly-scheduled community events
- Social connectivity with photo and replay modes powered by The Driver Network
- Support for 30+ wheels, community apps, and virtual reality via Oculus Rift and Project Morpheus
- Continual updates and further content after launch
CPU – 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400, 3.0 GHz AMD Phenom II X4 940
GRAPHICS – nVidia GTX 260, ATI Radeon HD 5770
MEMORY – 4Gb RAM, 1Gb VRAM
CPU – 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 3700, 4.0 GHz AMD FX-8350
GRAPHICS – nVidia GT600 series, AMD Radeon HD7000 series
MEMORY – 8Gb RAM, 2Gb VRAM