Project CARS – Nordschleife Added To Newest Build
Slightly Mad Studios have released a major new build of Project CARS, adding a first version of the Nürburgring Nordschleife to the title.
As with all aspects to the title, the Nordschleife is still very much work in progress as the development team will be putting a lot of work into making the track the most authentic virtual representation of the Green Hell available.
Until then, all members with Team Member status and above can enjoy the fully functional pre-alpha version to get their Nürburgring fix. Build 249 also introduces a new installer that changes the way the development download process is handled.
From now on, all new builds are automatically downloaded via the installer, based on the user’s membership level as members have to stop hassling with manual downloads. The installer also patches itself once a new version becomes available.
Build 249 is available for all members including Juniors, allowing everyone to experience the development process of the recent four weeks.
Build 249 (6/7/12, Junior Member+)
Please completely uninstall your current build before using the new auto patcher
- Auto patcher implemented to the server
- Fixed problem with BStrcpy parameters. – Added Fanatec SDK include paths
- Initialise network systems on XBox and PS3. Enable DS manager on all platforms
- Fix for inaccurate mouse pointer in 5:4 displays
- Fix for enviroment time not reseting when when moving between tracks and frontend. Added in functions to clear the weather forecast
- Fix for not reseting the timezone
- Start of FrontEnd Garage overhaul
- Clear exclusive GUI input when skipping login dialogue
- Setting static emap camera to 30 meters in the air
- Added in a SSAO Calculation before phase 2. This sorts out the shadows. Changes time rate in the FE to be 10 times realtime. Added in sky rendering to the forward render pass. Added in that everything thats marked to cast shadows casts shadows
- FE time scaling set at real time.
- Activate livery selection for car preview
- Display correct car in preview on entering game
- Keep ambient car shadows on all the time.
- Bring car preview back once coming back from race
- Fixed aspect ratio on garage scene
- Reseting the date and the long an lat when entering the FE
- Straighten front wheels in GUI scene
- Ultra models in the gui
- Reseting the track rotation offset. Setting time of day to midday from darrens suggestion
- Gravel overspill sound now plays when leaving gravel traps (volume needs balanced). Added new parameters to the material audio mapping and surface config to help tweak the values
- Adding Launcher (Patcher) ISS script template and updating main install one with changes required for content installer
- Belgian Forest – update trees and crowds for new terrain
- Lowered Lotus 49 default setup steering ratio (now 9.4:1)
- FE garage cam clipping through scene fixed for 4:3
- Belgium Forest: Changed woods to white
- Belgium Forest: Repositioned crowds on KemmelBridge so as not to intersect with the ground
- Belgium Forest: New textures for KemmelBridge asset
- Removed garage scene movies as they are no longer used
- Art-side fix for badenring 200m dynamic marker crash
- HIDE MENU button added to Quick Solo page, Help moved to specific Info page which is where the Credits will ultimately go also
- Adding Huyara turbo spool and dump sounds
- Added Eifelwald track
- New Belgium Forest export
Click Here To View The Changelogs Of All Builds Released During The Week
Build 248 (5/7/12, Senior Manager)
Moved position and activation of the surface sound debug info
Generic bushes instances
Caterham SP300R: display static steering wheel when driver is turned off
Track textures- New wip textures for Loire, first revision
Formula Rookie: added new livery
FE cam paths tweaked to stop cams clipping through objects
New Loire export
Build 247 (4/7/12, Senior Manager)
Stopped bridge log file being created when command line option is not used, and increased size of buffer by a factor of 60 to allow for cases with many AI
[WEATHERSYSTEM] fix for when timelines only have one key ..
Moved common audio debug function to draw ranged values into the app debug functions, to avoid it being duplicated again.
Fixed long-standing bug where marbles overlay sound would keep playing longer than it should (also not initiating when it should). Caused by the visual effect not updating parameters if marbles are not in range, but they were used by the audio. The parameters are now reset when invalidated this way.
Tweaked marbles overlay sound so the range is scaled better with the car velocity (controlled by a SurfaceSoundConfig value rather than hardcoded), it takes the marble density into account, and it fades out more quickly. Debug graphs were added for testing (disabled by default)
Moved constructor order around to fix PS3 compilation error
removing daytime and nighttime shader specialisations and replacing with dynamictimeofday. This removes several hundred unneeded shaders from the game. Removing any code that used nighttime lighting.
Disable the switch to wet surface sounds until appropriate sounds have been added. Fixes the bug where the surface sounds are coming out wrong when using the rainy weather option (exposed now wet weather has been enabled) http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthrea…l=1#post187220
Formula Rookie: added new livery
Belgian Forest Circuit – add new texture for tribune
First pass on the Pagani Huayra physics
Build 246 (3/7/12, Team Member+)
Fixed PS3 fog direction handling code, and added note to assist any later additions to the same set of shader parameters
[Online] Reexported latest DS constants. Send regular keepalive messages to DS.
[Renderer] Renaming the engine param from shadowRotationTexure to shadowRotationTex as this is the name of the param in the fx files ..
[GUI] Updated new Jin Ding map.
[GUI] Fixed the black quad that was appearing over the garage scene in the Main Menu
[GUI] New export of car garage scene
Formula Rookie: added new livery
Integrated change: corrected lightmap Max shader so that future exports will not mistakenly export the lightmap intensity as a float 4 vector, causing warning messages on PS3 TTY
Back out changelist that broke the cloud shadows in dx11
Aside from monthly development builds like this one, Junior members also receive full access to the busy WMD forums where they can follow the development of Project CARS, talk to the developers and help shape the title as it progresses.
For more info on pricing and benefits of membership, check out the WMD website.