Slightly Mad Studios have released a new build of their WMD-powered Project CARS title, introducing some impressive new audio improvements along plenty of other changes.
The new build introduces brand new sounds for the BMW M1 Procar as another car gets the latest treatment from Project CARS’ busy audio department. Despite all the advances made in terms of engine sounds lately, all these changes are still very much work in progress as even more audio features will be added soon.
Like all builds that have been released in the past few weeks, this one is available for all members with Team Member level and above. Those of you who aren’t WMD members can take a listen to the new BMW M1 sounds in the video below!
Build 549 (27/8/13, Team Member+)
* Fix for bad coords
* Fix for missing return.
* Fix for missing brace on DX9 triangle draw.
* Additional new pixel definition variable
* Added in new index buffer tyep to handle point lists
* Added in functions to get Cuda handlers for the generic prims
* New setup for weather system loading
* Split up the environment data into 4 section which we can load and unload separately therefore allowing us to be able to control the systems data more. The sections are, Base Render data (rendertargets etc..) , Weather condition data , Level Data (skyrings etc) and Lighting Data. All render and weather data is now loaded as a boot phase and kept as persistent throughout the entire game. This will help load times to track and also reduce memory fragmentation when loading and unload textures
* Career Calendar updates, fix to map not displaying, linked up record panel (wip).
* All new BMW M1 Procar incar and external engine sets, plus an AI version. Update also includes the latest sound events such as int/ext gearshifts, backfires/splutters and distant rolloffs and trajectory. Listen for the carburetor opening up and hear the air getting sucked in
* Dubai: National and Club new AIW’s for changes in the track geometry. All 4 layououts added new pit lane paths (previously missing), expanded grid sizes from 16 to 36 and pit area to 18
* Volusia: Add textures for bistro
* BMW M3 E30 Group A: Adjustable weight distribution and setup tweaks for the revised tire
The new build is now exclusively available via Steam as the trusted Project CARS launcher has been retired.
There are two brand new CPFT (Car Physics Focus Testing) events this week as well as members are encouraged to provide detailed physics feedback on the BMW M3 E30 Group A at Suzukaand the BMW M1 Procar at Oschersleben. Members that participate in CPFT also qualify for a position in pCARS Rank.
To go along with the new build, plenty of impressive community-made previews have been released which you can check out below!
Project CARS is coming to the PC, Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and Wii U in 2014. More info can be found on the WMD website.