Project CARS – Multiplayer For Team Members
Slightly Mad Studios have released a new build of Project CARS, opening the title’s multiplayer functionality to WMD members with Team Member status.
Successful multiplayer testing for higher ranked members has proven to be successful enough to open the new feature to the Team Member user group, giving thousands of members the first chance to sample multiplayer racing with the latest development build.
Build 334 (29/10/12, Team Member+)
* Increased draft aero effect for player
* Fixed wrap around issue with drafting table and vehicles behind player
* Updated FFB defaults (details in WMD forum).
* Updated handling of transforms of dynamic objects in Tools library.
* Updated handling for ignoring failed injection
* Viewer updates for new dlls and some config changes
* Disallow manual reset in MP mode (pending host option).
* Updated attribute descriptor to match latest server sources – added attributes for:
– Id of identical vehicle forced by the session, if any.
– Race date
– Race time + weather
– Race length
[OneSock] Updated DS protocol defs from latest server sources:
– Optional BYE message type added.
Wisconsin_Raceway – added a new asset, the gearbox food stand, and fixed the terrain around it. Fixed also the lng grass mesh
new textures for wisconsin raceway, first revision, wip
Lakeville – changed textures, added New textures; texturemap for terrain; terrain texturemap; Replace and recollocate some trees.
Northampton – Tweaked textures; Pit buildings complex – part2
* Various fixes, detachable doors, tyres fixed
* better reflections for CPIT display, fixed tyre rotation, lots of other fixes
* Updated Z4 cockpit exposure now it has a proper cockpit.
* upated Gumpoert engine set
* pdated Gumpert engine set plus experimental 3d settings
* adding vibration and rattle layers
Sim racers who are interested in joining the Project CARS multiplayer experience can do so by becoming Team Members over at WMD for a one-time fee of 25€. In recent weeks, Team Members have been given access to daily development builds of Project CARS to keep up with the development speed of the title.
Interested sim racers are advised to not wait much longer if they`re planing to join WMD. There has recently been a big surge in community funding as almost 400.000 Euro have been pitched in during the past month alone, causing the project funding goal to close in quickly.
Once the goal is reached, no more members will be accepted and those left out won’t be getting to try the title until it hits the shelves in 2013. Sim racers who want to follow the last year of development and receive regular development builds of Project CARS have a few weeks left to make up their mind before memberships are being cut off.
In the meantime, everyone can check out a new comparison video by DigiProst below as he has paired up Project CARS in-development Laguna Seca track against iRacing’s laser-scanned version.