Project CARS – Junior Build 272 Available
Slightly Mad Studios have released a new Junior build of their Project CARS title, allowing all members from Junior level onwards to experience the latest developments made on the WMD-powered title.
The new build marks the first time Junior members get to experience plenty of the signifcant developments that have been added during the past month, including the spectacular fully dynamic cloud system.
Build 272 (3/8/12, Junior Member+)
- Adding trd properties to allow use to be able to specify the center of the track
- Now able to set the center of the tracks for clouds and skyring
- Added logging to session message manager
- - HttpApi now has a Unicode interface
- - Changed services using HTTPAPI so that they use the Unicode http api, instead of each service doing its own conversions
- - The error message in case of invalid username/password will be much clearer
- - Added compile-time defines to point the launcher to the dev server
- - Added configurations that define these defines
- Belgian Forest – updated trees for paddock area
- Eifelwald. Tweaked textures/PSD files
- Badenring – add viewer lights and fix positions few static assets for new marshal huts
- Tweaked lights around pitbuilding to avoid dark areas
- Adding spotlights to Badenrings
- Launcher: new executables
- Integration to handle new speech data format
- BFC Kerb texture updates
- Badenring – add new and imrpove textures
- Added new temp textures for Eifelwald, first revision
- Bathurst 3D eucalyptus instances, statics and instances
- Billboard bush instances for bathurst
- Lotus 49: drag adjustment. top speed now back up around 190mph
- BAC Mono: fix for tabs and spacing in the CDF (readability issue)
- BAC Mono: re-balanced aero to factor in drag torque effects. Shift from 120% rear to ~85%. Small other setup tweaks to fit with this change. Wider tuning ranges
- Eifelwald textures improvement
- Connecticut Hill – Added Track Centre Data to all TRDs for Cloud rendering
- Pagani Huayra: Added support for custom liveries
- Caterham Classic: Fixed overlapping front fender UVs + custom livery support
- New Badenring exports
- New Belgian Forest export
- New Eifelwald export
- New Memphis export
- New Test Track export
The new build is available for download via the Project CARS launcher available on the WMD Downloads Page, new members can register here. Since this is a Junior build, all these improvements can be experienced for a one-time price of 10€.
Click Here To View The Changelogs Of All Builds Released During The Week
Build 271 (2/8/12, Senior Manager)
Online logging cleanup:
- Removed Sabre’s implementation of LiveLog (conflicting with OneSock’s, missing features)
- Added category support to LiveLog. Logging levels (verbosity) can now be specified per-category in DevModeConfig
- Exposed OneSock’s LiveLog singleton to Sabre, which defines its own log categories
- Switched Awards code to use the global OneSock log
- Fixed potential buffer overwrite when logging long strings
- Non-Info logging levels now use the correct BLog call, they will now be correctly logged as [Warning] and [Error]
Storage: Implementation tweaks, const corrections.
Moved Storage module into Base namespace.
Moved Storage system from SaveGame to Base.
Added few OneSock lock safety checks.
Bathurst/Bologna – Track Centre data test for Kevin (To help with Cloud and Skyring development)
Pagani Huayra cockpit glow. Gauge reflection polishing.
pass3 3D eucalyptus trees (set shadow cast and shadow receive for 3D LODA)
mip and coloradjust for tree texturemap
Cameras: set up on-car cameras with new feature to ignore world movement
pass2 3D eucalyptus static instances
Eifelwald – improved kerb texture
Changed default DevModeConfig settings to enable OneSock logging.
Updated DevModeConfig with new OneSock+Sabre logging categories.
Caterham classic: new expoprt
Build 270 (1/8/12, Senior Manager)
Added debug-only function to check if the OneSock lock is locked
Added online interface for session messaging
Hooked session networking’s callbacks when session members are joining/leaving and when a new game packet is received
Camera: Added new property that allows a certain camera to ignore the profile setting of world movement dampening, and use the full value
- Moved construction of extra HTTP header fields from the downloader to each connection setup, to potentially allow each connection to use different headers.
- HTTP download parses and remembers the content-type and charset of the reply.
- Added getter to retrieve server response in an Unicode string.
Launcher: Fixed case-sensitive comparison of Content-Type charset header
Parameter type fix for stream close calls
Implemented handling of incoming packets:
- Send back ACKs when Guranteed message or Sequenced message part is received
- Store incoming Sequenced message parts and reassemble them once all parts are received ; ignore duplicate parts and parts of a sequence received after the sequence is finalized
- Turn incoming Event messages into App Events and send them to App for processing
Minor fixes/additions after testing with GamerProfile integration
Launcher:* Usernames and passwords are set correctly to the server, regardless of characters used
Updated Eifelwald textures
Memphis: New AIW for new geometry changes. New main and race path with corridors. Still needs pit lane path
Checking in WIP FDP for integration. Still needs lots of tweaks and balancing. Will probably require separate set for Formula A and 1 cars
WIP AI for Formula A based on new player car audio
Pagani Huayra cockpit glow texture. Gauge reflections minor fix
New Pagani Huayra export
Build 269 (31/7/12, Manager+)
Setup default BDbgMetrics module configuration in BaseConfigure
Added Timer Test Manager with basic timer metrics
Added hybrid timer test
Enabled BDbgMetrics module in all configs
PC Session CPU Info now also contains strings for the Architecture, Processor Type and CPU Status, instead of just the OS int value
Updated BDbgMetrics macro so that objects can be Broadcast via either the default byte array method, a member function or a custom callback
Metrics file saving is now disabled by default
Added App title and build version to metrics session info
Metrics session platform now includes CPU details
Launcher: OK button will be disabled in the login dialog if username or password is empty
Launcher: Application now uses Unicode API
- Added API for accessing save game ghosts to the ghost and cache manager.
- Implemented save and load ghost from/to saved game.
Implemented Storage system
Change to how we render the sky rings so that they can allow the clouds and moon to go behind them
Tweaks to audio levels
Further changes – new rumble layer, levels, dsp and pitch changes
Adding exhaust rumbles to Formula A engine set to test
Low and high pass filtering added for in car onloads
Build 268 (30/7/12, Senior Manager)
Session message manager WIP. Subtasks implemented:
- Management of free message pool, outgoing message queue and guaranteed message queue.
- Message sending – standard, guaranteed and sequenced
- Guaranteed message resending and handling or received ACK messages
- Outgoing queue throttling
Tweaked viewer lights to avoid dark areas on pit building
Tracks, Eifelwald. Tweaked textures – PSD files, 1st commit
Tracks, Eifelwald. Tweaked textures
New engine set for Formula A
Level and dsp tweaks
Switched to new engine based on the 98T with extensive dsp and car specific tweaks
Updates to levels
Formula A engine update new version (samples)
Adding updated FA interior sounds – more towards TV style interior shots
Fix for instance billboard trees
Eucalyptus statics 1st pass
Various cars: engine idle adjustment so they don’t drop too many rpm simply from dropping the clutch in neutral
Eifelwald: Logo Changed to Yirotires
Aside from monthly development builds like this one, Junior members also receive full access to the busy WMD forums where they can follow the development of Project CARS, talk to the developers and help shape the title as it progresses.
For more info on pricing and benefits of membership, check out the WMD website.