Project CARS – First Buld of 2014 Available
Following a well-deserved Christmas holiday, Slightly Mad Studios have resumed the usual development release schedule for their Project CARS title.
The first build of 2014 comes with plenty of changes as listed below, the new build is available for all members including Juniors.
The new build kicks off what will be very busy months ahead for Project CARS as the title heads towards its Fall release.
Build 633 (03/01/14, Junior Member+) – 460.8MB
* Fixed a couple of issues when a user isn’t logged in or no controllers connected on Xbox One.
* Added code to populate the current active user’s profile name and display name for Xbox One.
* Added required WinRT flag for Release configuration on Xbox One.
* Enabled Xbox One authentication
* Added basic initialisation of Xbox One online features and gamertag retrieval.
* PS4/XBone/DX now honour thread affinity requests from render tasks.
* Fixes PS4 orthographic projection matrix.
* Adds trace markers for PS4 audio blocks, up’s number of worker threads to 5 globally (PS4).
* Xbox One renderer ESRAM fix + PIX fix for debug
* Added a new tool called AIMetrics to produce driving data for measuring AI performance
* Scripted animation scene loading
* Tires: flash heat transfer changes, heat model tweaks, FA r1 work (not yet enabled), Vintage r4
* Fixed tire.rg
* Lotus 98T: Changed wear of new flexi tire down to amore relaistic rate.
* Add playback flags to MGDF export and switch playback debug texts to use new format.
* End of session physics support: Added simulated fuel and drive per vehicle, added indices to waypoints, added AutoGenerateLapTimes interface, added Tick_ProcessEndOfSession in physics manager to generate session triggers, retired vehicles after end of session, added end of session physics tick support, added trigger support for absolute trigger time
* Stop the Pit sequence spamming the physics with change tyre requests (fixes an hang bug when exiting while pitting)
* Fix issue with render task scheduler locking up due to multiple atomic race conditions.
* Track Maps: Glencairn (all variants): fixed start markers & not matching to the road layout
* Track Related textures for Loire and Brands Hatch
* Loire 24: First pass of tree placement for Loire24
* Oulton Park GP: First initial export for Oulton Park, very basic for Doug to make the AIW, reference map texture added, initial AIW with start position for 4 cars,track logo (NOT YET IN-GAME), added new textures for green foot bridge
* Snetterton: New texture maps, 1st commit (NOT YET IN-GAME)
* Brands Hatch: Whitelines reworked, dirtedges reworked and set up for Luis to be adapted on the san loft, made overlay stuff weather compatible
* Derby Park: Fixed Collision issue
* Badenring: Fixed puddle error
* Milan Historic: Removed trees standing in the middle of the track
* Wisconsin Raceway: Completed a whole load of large and small fixes, full CSM pass for the new tyrewalls, wet weather setup, added a custom rain / puddle map for use the kerbs, moved a loudspeaker pole that was for some reason in the middle of a sand trap, generated mips by hand for rain droplet texture, updated the grass blend map so the rest of the circuit is covered
* Azure Coast (Full/Reverse/Stage 1): Updated first section with new s1 stuff/removed rocks on uphill road/updated sel sets, fixed some gaps, mapping issues, add some variety on s1 village pave, fixed coll wall infront of 1 building, deleted start grid around the finish point
* LMP RWD P30: CPIT RPM lights tweak, added HUD Motec + fixed CPIT RPM lights
* Mercedes SLS GT3: Added wheel and tire LODs
* Mercedes 300SEL AMG: UV mapping WIP1
* Improvements to bodywork and glass shaders to help with sparkling raindrops
Project CARS will be available for the PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Steam OS, and Wii U starting Fall 2014. More info can be found on the WMD website.