Project CARS – Christmas Build Available
The Slightly Mad Studios staff is off to enjoy their well-deserved Christmas holidays but before heading off into the festive time of the year, a fully-packed Christmas build has been released.
The new build will keep WMD members entertained during the last week of the year, coming with four brand new cars and a new track.
Members can enjoy first versions of the Ginetta G55 GT3, the iconic Mercedes 300SEL 6.8 AMG, the Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 Group A as well as the Le Mans-winning Sauber C9.
As usual with the WMD concept, all new cars are available in a very early state as all aspects of the cars are yet to be refined in the weeks to come.
Members also get to try a new track as Brands Hatch has been added to Project CARS. The iconic British venue is the first Project CARS track to be perfected using laser-scan data, like the four cars the track comes in an early state with much work yet to be completed.
To honor the festive occasion, the track also comes in a special christmas version as you can see in the previews below.
Build 632 (20/12/13, Junior Member+) – 124.2 MB
* Global finger animations: tweaked animations, more natural movement, removed legs from export
* Formula A: Suspension rework
* FFB: Turned on the slow spring for all cars to prevent oscillation when stopped.
* LMP RWD P30: Cloned LODX meshes, matte carbon material
* Ford GT40 MkIV: Ultra detail level Setup initial checkin, full LODs setup done.
* Brands Hatch: Adjustments to wet path, adjusted dry path for issues, tweaked corridors for adjusted track width at Sheene Curve down to the bridge
* Azure Coast (Stage1): Added latest assets from Kate and Gary, fixed some mapping issues on roads and terrain, replaced the barrier system all along the s1 village, added woods armcos, remapped rocks and slopes new mat created, added dry soil areas here and there along this sections, reworked the grass csm on these area, grass, bakedclay, longgrass, slopegrass, fixed coll walls
Build 631 (19/12/13, Junior Member+) – 440 MB
* Stop the final session of Career series from being played again once it’s completed (Seasons still reset). Still updates profile after the race to retain the setting
* Updated RaceOverview screen with date values
* Fixed loading screen values when loading sequential Career sessions
* Track Selection grid set to clip children for neatness, needs further work to fix though
* Fix for missing text on the Calibrate Wheel screen
* Tires: Updates for the new cars
* Prototype RWD P30: New physics set
* Ford Sierra RS500: Tweaked HUD tacho to fit new physics, removed bad collision mesh making the car an off-roader, various tweaks, initial physics, added HUD tacho, fixed pivots, added proper collision setup, Added collision meshes, replaced common_paint and fixed missing materials in CPIT
* Sauber C9: Added ambient shadow, tweaked cockpit exposure, initial physics set
* Mercedes 300SL: Proper alpha1 driver animations + initial setup, handling update. Now uses approximation of air suspension.
* Ginetta G55 GT3: Small cpit display tweak, configured various things for the first export, adjusted cockpit exposure, removed 2 pages from display, finished export setup, added lights, mirorrs, display
* Additional track and vehicle logos, and happy holidays!
* Flag wind speed fix for vertical flags, removal of very fast/inconsistent animations (needs animations replacement)
* Treewall texturemat tweak: matched to lighting and treeinstances
* Wisconsin: Updated placement XML with all new tyre walls, polish pass completed on the whole track, added new viewer mesh files for the various new tyre wall stacks, updated grass exclusion to give full and proper grass coverage on the new level, updated grass texture, added all new textures required by the track revamp, updated a few existing textures also.
* Oulton Park: Added ao map for scrutineering building (not yet in-game)
* Brands Hatch (GP & Indy layout): First export, bh adjusted textures on bridges and road darkened
- Using DX11MT on Brands Hatch leads to a crash at Pilgrims Drop
Project CARS will be available for the PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Steam OS, and Wii U starting Fall 2014. More info can be found on the WMD website.