Slightly Mad Studios have released the newest weekly build of their WMD-powered Project CARS title.
The new version introduces plenty of fixes and improvements like every week, alongside some all-new features.
That includes the quickly-expanding Race Weekend functionality as well as first steps towards a much improved and more immersive helmet camera.
Build 494 (14/6/13, Team Member+)
* Changing default values for look to apex etc
* Adding in dof effect for helmet camera when moving at speed and going into apex
* Implemented global session timer for practice, qualification, and warmup races
* Fixed black background screen when going into the race overview screen for the first time
* Implemented Autopilot throughout the game, except for the Online menu option where it can be disabled
* Implemented variable session durations (changable via a FE menu option) for practice1&2, qualification and warmup
* Turned the Save button on for all sessions, but specifically disabling it for the final session in sequence
* Fixed scripting bug which meant the sessions wouldn’t save if being played from Practice1
* Moved ResetGarage systems earlier so not to overwrite user changes
* Reset setup and gear numbers to default on vehicle initialisation
* Default final gearing set correctly when no setup created
* Write gear ratios (left/right) as well as fraction to GetCurrentDisplayValue if requested
* Added GetCurrentDisplayValue left and right outputs for gear ratio reading
* Fixes using final drive to limit other gears
* Tires: New modal+flash GT tires and many optional tires added for other cars
* Looping sounds can now be keyed off
* EXTERNAL GEARSHIFTS – New batches of external gear shift sounds and events for the categories Race and GTRace
* Rationalising current Backfires/Splutter content for the exhaust events. The aim is to make these sound more like they are part of the engine – and – work well with the new external gear shift sounds
* WiiU Net OneSock compilation fixes/rough and ready socket implementation
* Updated BString/BDbgString vsnprintf usage to a safer cross platform handling of the va_list
* WiiU: w-i-p updates to File Module
* WiiU: Added Application Data device handler
* WiiU: Added internal manager support for device clients and centralised file operation command block support
* WiiU fix for Environment Timeline pre-linker errors
* Updated default props for WiiU configs. Added solution name to PCH default folder. Set Linker ‘Link Once Template Instantiation” to default On
* Added support for WiiU to HRDF Compiler
* Increased command line length limit to 8191 from 256
* WiiU Main project now builds!
* WiiU VideoCapture Library compilation fixes.
* WiiU RaceInput library compilation fixes/stubs
* All-new in-game telemetry
* Bathurst: Optimisation improvements – adding LODs, occluders, and optimising existing objects
* Azure Circuit: Deleted sea mesh under the ground, updated csm, added 2more 3d armco ends
* Northampton Classic: Reworked all tribunes and grandstands, reworked area around the bridge so the dip is removed, fixed CSM issues,
* BAC Mono: revised engine braking for new throttle system
* M3 GT4, M3 GT, Z4 GT3, Boss 302R, SLS GT3: setup tweaks, restrictor size limited, engine braking tuned for new throttle system
Builds 494 is available via the Project CARS launcher that is available on the WMD Downloads Page
Project CARS is coming to the PC, Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and Wii U in 2014. More info can be found on the WMD website.