Project CARS – Build 439 Available
Slighlty Mad Studios has released an extra Team Member build of their WMD-powered Project CARS title.
Following the Easter Build released last Thursday, this build is available to Team Members out of the ordinary as an important new fix for flickering issues when using SLI & Crossfire has been added.
Alongside other fixes and changes listed below, the new build also properly adds the historical version of Spa Francorchamps that was hidden in the Easter build. The iconic track can now be regularly selected in the track selection screen like all other tracks.
Build 439 (2/4/13, Team Member+)
* All chat message api functions (first pass)
* Fix for static environment face update rate – the recent envmap refactor had a missed setting making the rendering of the static envmaps 6x slower
* Weather config tweaks for localisation
* Bump steer fix on the struts for Evo FQ400, Boss 302R, Focus RS, Pirault Mega. Camber exploit fix applied to those and the Racers
* Rainy 2 wtc added. Please remember to delete the contents of \Documents\Lighting Edits\CARS if you used my work around for the missing file in build 438
* Lakeville: Update for GP, further updates on inner and outer terrain and materials adjustments on scene, swapped 3D sprite trees to 3D ones
* Solitude Rennstrecke: New basic AIW for the recent changed geometry. Also fixes AI slowdown in first corner
* Heusden: Fixed shadow and terrain issues. Missing assets added, tarmac strips darkened, red boxed added
* BMW M1: Adjustments to chassis. Set motion ratios at a more realistic .75 front and .75 rear , Adjusted pushrod angles to match this to get shock speeds closer to real. Adjusted all spring rates and damper rates to work with these new ratio’s. Steering lock upped from 20 to 30 degrees and steer ration tweaked. upped FFB tire force fraction. Some chassis balance work to suit. No tire changes
* BMW M3 GT: Adjusted some texture sizes, minor spec map fixes
* BMW M3 GT: Fixed taillight illumination
* BMW M3 GT2: Texture size adjustments
* BMW M3 GT4: Fixed gauges lighting
* Caterham Classic: locked gear ratios at factory settings and added a new final drive ratio
* Ford Focus RS: New tail lights
* Lotus 98T: Changes to the pushrod postioning and steering ratio for new tire. slight adjustment for bump steer fix
* Lotus 78: New physcis to go with new tire. Motion ratios changed to a more reaistic .625 front and .75 rear. Spring and damper rates adjusted accordingly. Moved COP slightly forward to match comments about real car
* Lotus 78 and 98T: New tires that are more period correct. Removes the FA tire
* Ariel Atom 300: Switched compound to track_jadegreen. Effectively lower grip than previous
* Ariel Atom 300: idle throttle adjustment
* Mitsubishi Lancer Evo: All interior/exterior gaps fixed. Added quick cockpit AO. Fixed cockpit lighting
* Cockpit exposure adjustment for most of the newer cars
Build 439 is available via the Project CARS launcher that is available on the WMD Downloads Page
The build also brings plenty of physics changes as the physics department has been busy with the help of race car drivers Nic Hamilton & Ben Collins as well as the whole WMD community:
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X FQ 400: Fixed front bump steer issue. Found a hack I can use to get the differentials working a bit closer to reality. Still not great, and done at the expense of left/right action, but at least the front and rear axles are more realistically splitting torque now. Applied camber exploit fix. Set tire to street_jadegreen; from the Cat Classic. I like this tire a lot for a normal summer tire level of performance. Much better drive now.
- Ford Focus RS: Fixed front bump steer. Applied camber exploit fix. Set tire to street_jadegreen.
- Pirault Mega RS: Fixed front bump steer. (Sensing a theme today? I made a bad mistake setting up the struts in all these cars.) Applied camber exploit fix. Set tire to street_jadegreen.
- Ford Mustang Boss 302R: Fixed front bump steer. Applied camber exploit fix. Redesigned rear end to be more like the real car and removed the placeholder NASCAR suspension.
- Racer L4 and V8: Stuck in brakes from the SP300R until a deeper review can be done. Applied camber exploit fix. Left old tire, with the exploit still enabled, on the B compound for back to back testing.
- BMW M1Procar – Adjustments to chassis. Set motion ratios at a more realistic .75 front and .75 rear , Adjusted pushrod angles to match this to get shock speeds closer to real. Adjusted all spring rates and damper rates to work with these new ratio’s. Steering lock upped from 20 to 30 degrees and steer ration tweaked. upped FFB tire force fraction. Some chassis balance work to suit. No tire changes
Project CARS is coming to the PC, Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and Wii U in 2014. More info can be found on the WMD website.
To go along with the new build, a massive gallery of Project CARS Community Gallery has been released, showing off in-game screenshots created by the WMD members.