Project CARS – Build 374 Available
Slightly Mad Studios have released the last Project CARS build of 2012, introducing a first version of the brand new 1967 Ford MK IV.
Better known as the GT40, the MK IV was the fourth evolution of Ford’s legendary sports car racing challenger. Powered by a seven-liter V8 engine, the car went on to win both the 1967 Sebring 12 Hours & Le Mans 24 Hours in the hands of Bruce McLaren, Mario Andretti, Dan Gurney & AJ Foyt.
Build 374 adds an early version of the car to Project CARS, giving WMD members something great to enjoy during the holiday season.
As usual with early car releases in Project CARS the car is very much work in progress and still lacking advanced textures and other effects, the powerful big banger is already a challenging drive though as you can check out below.
Build 374 (21/12/12, Team Member+)
* Fix for ghosts not loading on consoles
* Don’t wait for stat submit if not signed in
* Bumped version of all vehicles for Friday’s stat reset
* Milan Short/GP: Add latest assets from TomT, add latest assets from JanP, fixed podium model, remaping some parts, add spec map for monastery, add concrete textures for bridge parts
* Heusden: Added assets, garage interiors, updated pitlane collisions, added emissive maps for pitlane buildings
* Milan Update textures and nmp map
* Belgian Forest Circuit: Added wetroad effects
* Bathurst: Wet track and racingline added to road, kerbs, gravel, drain. Gaps found at wall fixed
* Bathurst: Additional texturemaps
* Moravia: Textures update
* Moravia: Added new version grandstands, gas station, reworked back side of garages
* Azure Circuit: More work on the portier area, added new stuff, new textures, better fixed old buidlings, reworked mirabeau walls, added latest nibox stuff under the mirabeau, replaced/added trees/bushes around this area
* Monterey: Added wet road effects
* Common: Tweaked wet road effect textures of drain and astroturf
* BMW Z4 GT3: 2012 24H BMW works livery – added THX FANS to car 19
* Ford GT40 MkIV: Small aero tweak
* Ford GT40 MkIV: Added LODD and used it as placeholder for LODs B and C. Many fixes from testing in game. Collision updated, detachables working, joints fixed
* Ford GT40 MkIV: Adding GT40 AI audio
* Ford GT40 MkIV: Updating GT40 sound set with latest load curves, filtering, EQ and compression. Plus subwave, vibration and exhaust res
* Racers: Revised physics using as much real world data as possible
* Palmer Jag: Fixed ride height detection points
The new build is available via the Project CARS launcher that is available on the WMD Downloads Page
You can check the car out in action below, both in static shots made by WMD members wizza, Bruno Alexandre & drvac as well as in a video put together by Digiprost.
Project CARS is coming to the PC, Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and Wii U in late 2013. More info can be found on the WMD website.