Project CARS – Build 343 Available
Slightly Mad Studios have released a new build of Project CARS for all Team Members and above.
Build 343 (6/11/12, Team Member+)
* Replaced testing protocol version in the ds/getlist call by the correct version value.
* Send DS protocol version to MS when fetching the list of running DS’s. The server will now return only DS’s with this version.
* Implement thread update locking for direct input devices
* Catch failed attempts to set Logitech profiler properties, with retry and timeout
* Catch possible missed app deactivations and force a controller restart in these situations
* Reduce frequency of LED updates for Logitech/Fanatec wheels
* Add manual thread update locking control to cPlayer
* Default RaceInput behaviour is to lock thread updates on disconnection and delay unlocking until after player is reinitialised
* New glass shader with new uv control and using new weather params
* Updates in wtc file for the paintwork and winscreen droplet effects. droplet texture update so that it doesn’t look like loads of individial droplet, but gives the impression of more merged ones, even though they are technically all individual still. mapping changes to bodywork may be needed as the droplet size has increased
* Milan Short: New export with repath textures and fix selection sets for exports and for road use road_dbv shader
* Milan GP: New export with repath textures and fix selection sets for exports and for road use road_dbv shader
* Milan: Add new road textures
* Milan: Add new topmap texture
* Monterey: Optimised media centre
* Lakeville Raceway GP: Close to track terrain mesh refined, smoothed, corrected in height and additional outer roads added, fixed tribunes ground overdraws and gaps
* Azure Circuit: Fixed textures path, add missing ao texture
* Azure Circuit: Add missing texture
* Eifelwald: Tweaked Window section
* Eifelwald: Tweaked Window section and increased res
* Eifelwald GP: Add new textures for Toilets
* BMW M1: brake disc texture psd file, initial check in
* BMW M1: new badges texture psd file, replacing placeholder file
* BMW M1: new lights texture psd file, replacing placeholder file
* BMW M1: new lightsglass texture psd file, replacing placeholder file
* BMW M1: new misc texture psd file, replacing placeholder file
* BMW M1: new wheels texture psd file, replacing placeholder file
Sim racers who are interested in joining the Project CARS multiplayer experience can do so by becoming Team Members over at WMD for a one-time fee of 25€. In recent weeks, Team Members have been given access to daily development builds of Project CARS to keep up with the development speed of the title.
As reported before, there’s more and more urgency for those still looking to join Project CARS as the set funding goal will likely be reached within the next few weeks. As of now, less than 160.000€ are missing to complete Project CARS’ funding and at the current rate of member commitments, this will be reached within the next 1-2 weeks.
Once the goal is reached, no new members will be accepted and everyone not on board by then will have to wait until Thanksgiving 2013 to give the finished title a try.
For more info, please check out the WMD website. In the meantime, you can check out a new video trailer made by WMD member Halcyon below.