Project CARS – Build 330 Available
Slightly Mad Studios have released a new build of Project CARS that is available to all WMD members and above, adding a big new batch of improvements to the simulation.
During the past few weeks, Project CARS has made a huge leap forward as multiplayer racing is now available to all members with Full Member level and above and a first version of the STM tire model has been added.
Furthermore, some stunning new rain effects have been added to the title’s fully-dynamic weather system. To see it in full force, make sure to check out JonZ’s great video trailer below. Also, BigRon has posted a great video that shows of the very early version of the STM time model on various cars.
Build 330 (24/10/12, Team Member+)
* Enabled GUI background scene by default for more testing. To disable the scene use -no3DScene on the command line
* MainMenu – bridge feeding changed to avoid broken discontinuities
* Frontend now uses the in game rendertasks for rendering the 3d scene
* Code to handle releasing the default rendertarget when set in the GUI
* Code so that the default renderview camera use the aspect ratio of the renderer
* Reseting the FE time progression to reatime
* Fix for crash on exit
* Fixed an issue with the inclusion of the SmallJobs project in specific configs
* Fixes due to changes in initalisation order of objects (Use3dscene)
* Ghost system minor changes
* In-race chat, first pass
* Lose chat focus on completing text entry
* Set start key to ‘t’ for in race chat
* Clients who join a session during the Loading state (after the join has been started while still in the lobby) will communicate with the host so that they do not block the loading progress
* Console VoIP update, allowing 3+ players to chat to each other
* Removed old P4 bindings from solutions and projects
* Converted solution and projects to VS2010
* Fix for stat submit failing to send cached scores to the leaderboards
* Added common time/weather applinks for the loading screen. Each mode now fills it in as necessary rather than it coming directly from incompatible profile values. Seasons value now uses an enum to make it easier to use
* Belgian Forest Karting Circuit: CSM fixes, terrain tweaks
* Belgian Forest Karting Circuit: New tyrewalls
* Northampton: Opacity added.
* Wisconsin Raceway: Fixed wrong kerb and floating fences
* Eifelwald: Fixed floating overlay edges, tweaked CSM at some kerbs
* BMW z4 GT3: Moved CPIT display, performance optimizations, bugfixes
* BMW Z4 GT3: Chassis/Cockpit fully textured, UV mapping, CPIT display added, full wheel/tire setup
* BMW z4 GT3: New export
To access the build, Team Membership on Project CARS is required, it’s available for a one-time payment of 25€ among other membership options. For more info, please check out the WMD website.