Slightly Mad Studios have released a new Project CARS build that is available to all Team Members and above.
Despite being a Monday build, the new release is available to most Project CARS members, giving the WMD testers an extra build to enjoy!
Team Membership is available for a one-time payment of 25€, entitling members to a weekly development build of Project CARS with all the latest content. For more info on membership pricing and benefits, please check out the WMD website.
Build 323 (15/10/12, Team Member+)
Known issues: when manual control for TT starts throttle input is broken. Can be fixed with session restart.
* Weather is initialized based on the host data.
* Online UI will set weather on admin.
* Added logging of green-light related events.
* Increased protocol version due to the data format changes.
* Weather is synchronized.
* Added API to set weather from the admin.
* Added code to support syncing of participant app-side data, in addition to physics packets.
* Added headlight synchronization.
* Added a bit of logging to a few places.
* Added extra logging when leaving/disconnecting from DS or session.
* Added new category for GameManager’s networking logs and moved several log messages to this new category.
* Added synchronizing of race date and time.
* Added API to set race date and time for the host.
* Changed regular ping log level to Debug, reverted ping frequency from 5s back to 2s.
* Implemented wrong way penalties – currently DQ after 5 seconds of wrong wayness in MP.
* Removed aserts from DX9 parameter setting code, and replaced with returning error codes to allow useful error reporting
* fix for set max range on emap not actually doing anything.
* Added Array Init for temporary impact pieces array which was causing crash for Doug
* Fixed memory leaks caused by loss of deferred removal updates on track exit.
* Code and shader changes to allow drying lines and puddles.
* Code to setup underpass flags.
* Camera bounding box test to tell game what reflection elements to render.
* Reflections now render , crowds , pitt crews , pit girls etc..
* wet track textures optimised with dxt and lower res
* edits to the track wetness mask adding puddles in green channel and main mask in red.
* moving drying line and reflection noise textures from weather to track textures for easier path setup in max and becuase they won’t build from the weather dir.
TextDB : Updated call to BStricmpUnsafe
* Removed case insensitive functions from BUniString
* Renamed wide versions of BStricmp/BStristr to signify Unsafe
* Fixed a project config error in 360 Gold where Unicode was set incorrectly
* Removed wide versions of BStrupr BStrlwr
* First draft of cmd line support class
* Added CompareNoCase to BUniString (already in BString)
* Added BuniString overload to BUniString::Compare
* Added extra getters to player profile to access time progression enumeration.
* Added extra getter to track details to return race day.
* Switch to player control instantly in TT. Rolling starts can now switch to player control instantly.
* Added GameManagerNetworking logging category.
* Corrected SP300R width (should be full tyre width and not just tread).
* New Caterham SP300 specific tyre with correct tread widths (.225, .232 CM).
* Add correct tyre width for front and rear tyres to all cars.
GUI – New Controls screen, menus aligned to center screen when using a multi-monitor setup, Hide button on main menu properly hides objects now, correct kerning on large fonts
* balance updates
* updated LM11 TDX set with vibration, rattles and eq/filter cuves
* updating Formula A sound set with latest tech: eq curves, vibration etc.
* balancing changes for updated Formula A sounds
* balancing changes; adding vibration and rattle layer
* poss fix for reported lack of teanny whine for Racer V8
* balance adjustments and slight tune of tranny pitch
* BMW M1 updated for latest vibration and rattles
* adding vibration and rattle samples to various cars
Eifelwald_GP. New texture maps, Tweaked textures.
Furthermore, Digiprost has released a stunning new Project CARS video trailer that you can watch below.