Project CARS – Build 154 Available
Slightly Mad Studios have released a new development build of their WMD-powered Project CARS title for all members with Team Member level and above.
The new build continues the title’s quick development pace as countless improvements and new features have been added to the title during the past week, including physics & FFB improvements, new versions of several cars & tracks and much more.
Furthermore, the new build adds a whole new aspect to Project CARS as custom liveries are now supported. WMD users can download painting templates for all cars and share their custom designs with the community.
Build 154 (17/2/12, Team Member +)
MUST START A NEW PROFILE WITH THIS BUILD
- Changed Fanatec wheel default from 270 degree range to 900 degree range. This would be a problem if the player did not calibrate the wheel before driving
- Removed memtrace calls from System Pool header expansion due to deadlock issue until they can be sorted properly
- Fixed force effect thread crashes by implementing deferred creation/deletion of forces
- Removed loading code for obsolete tracksglobal pakfile
- Increased fidelity of replays for player and AI vehicles
- Aries: Fixed memory leaks in Timings::ExportBestLiveLapData due to incorrect mempool overries
- Ambient shadow height editing with F1 menu and reduced default to 5cm (from 25cm) to stop overlapping with bodywork
- Camera / replay updates:
- Physics tick and pause uses the same sync timer
- Update camera using new metrics from physics
- Physics sync timer uses app timer exclusively
- Deprecated SetPhysicsClock no longer required
- Detachable components and attached wheels are now regularly updated for AI vehicles
- Detachable components are updated only once per simulation step.
- Disabled automatic switch to “photomode” when pressing P – this stops the game pad right trigger from causing the camera to shoot into the ground if you hit P to pause the game
- Increased number of op user channels from 12 to 13 to avoid crash occuring when changing window focus with certain wheels and recently added deferred effects deletion code
- Corrected custom livery number for F68
- Belgian Forest and Bathurst WDF edited and new textures added
- Formula A: quick fix for offset sidepod collision mesh.
- New livery for GUMPERTS
- Increased far clipping dist for all cameras
- Removed some understeer from the Kart. Increased front grip
- New Caterham export
- New California Raceway export
Click Here To View The Changelogs Of All Builds Released During The Week
Build 153 (16/2/12, Senior Manager)
Removed all statics from HDR control, these were causing interference between the rear view mirror and the main scene. Hud now copies HDR params from main scene and from environment manager (otherwise mirror dims twice when in cockpit view). This stops the screen changing brightness if you turn the mirror on and off
Fix for uninitialised var in HDR setup
Fix for brake light glows
Aries: Added placeholder files for ghost sources
AI metrics updates:
Added sub-tick metrics for AI vehicles to match the higher updated metrics for the player
Adjustments to timestamping so subticks are marked appropriately
Correct component index is now reported to cockpit render on wheel detach/repair
Added some extra functionality for text merging to aid localisation process, for clearing out strings that change and writing out translations that have missing languages
Updated RCF files to contain custom wheels as well
Added physics tweakers for processing of vehicle contacts
Fixed audio compression settings so that the FormulaB and Leonus don’t use excessive disk space
Increased smoke generation thresholds to make tyre smoke less likely.
New skydome crossfade shader
Tweak to exterior 3d pan levels
Added classic belts and LODs & material
WIP new skydome rendering .. allows cross fading
Build 152 (15/2/12, Senior Manager)
Increased thresholds before skid sounds start
Revised FFB dead zone helper
Updated max steering lock scalar to 4.0
FFB deadzone work
FFB reduced over-aggressive bumps, causing problems in the kart
Racer: Adjusted roof cam to show driver’s helmet by default
Ariel Atom Mugen: AO finished. Ultra detail now using INTERIOR_LODX model
Formula A: merged in UV mapped body parts, lots of fixes, meshes cloned
New textures and improve existing – Belgian Forest
Added custom liveries for all cars
Custom wheel textures added
New Belgian Forest export
New Formula A export
New Ariel Atom Mugen export
Build 151 (14/2/12, Manager+)
Updated the game stat handling to automatically replace any personal bests stored locally in the profile by times received from the server when browsing leaderboards or when loading into a track. Also delete locally stored personal best if a personal best stat query returns nothing
TM F430/RGT FFB config updated. Users of these wheels are required to delete their player profile
Better graphics defaults.
Increase the max clamp of the steering lock scalar created from the steering ratio to allow ratios greater than the natural steering wheel lock. Moved VM_STEER_RATIO enum to correct place
FFB update: deadzone work, also a tweak to road noise with clamp
Gumpert Apollo 3PV steering head fix
Slightly improved Belgian Forest cameras
Initial Kart driver setup
Adjusted roof camera of Kart
Increased the brake pressure +15%. Caterham 500
Upped AI fuel load estimates by 10-15% so they won’t run out of fuel in a 3 lap or less race
Locked chase cam behind car
Turn off cockpit pertubation scaling
Fixed drain Belgian Forest texture
Build 150 (13/2/12, Senior Manager)
Multi-turn wheels now default to maximum lock instead of 360 degrees.
Old sprites removed and lower in memory now, SMS/WMD logos moved to login sprite container, Audio page updated, Video page temporarily fixed (still needs swapping to panel layout), steering lock tidied on Controls screen, Max Steering Ratio added on Setup screen (needs Geds Applink), Fast/Slow labels added on Setup screen, re-arrangement of logos on splash/login
Added MaxSteeringRatio app link
Hidden the max steering ratio value
Gumpert Apollo 1pass animation set + fixed wrong car name in .CD
Gumpert Apollo 3PV steering head fix
To play the builds, Team Membership of Project CARS is required, membership starts at a one-time payment of 10€ for Junior access, including access to the busy WMD forum where members can talk to the development team and help shape Project CARS. For more info on pricing and benefits of membership, check out the WMD website.
Furthermore, a new membership rank has been introduced yesterday as users can now choose to become “Full Members”, for more info on this please click here.
And for those who want to see more, below is a stunning community-made video trailer showing off Project CARS.