Project CARS – Build 116 Available
Slightly Mad Studios have a new weekly development build of their WMD-powered Project CARS title, adding lots of improvement to the evolving title.
One of the main new features of the new build is the Live Delta system that gives racers a real-time comparison of their current & best laps at a particular track location, the system can be seen in action in the video below.
Build 116 (16/12/11, Team Member)
- Added Live Delta tech. Live Delta displays a comparison of your lap vs your previous best lap at a particular track location. Now you can see as you drive the course where you gain and lose time vs your previous attempts. May not work for old PBs recorded before 12/12
- Live Delta works on both the Current Vs Session and Current Vs Personal data screens and the information for each screen is tracked separately.
- Live Delta data files are maintained in the CARS\Records folder.
- Probable fix for the sector time message becoming sticky.
- HUD Lap Info display default changed to show recent laps. Use TAB to cycle.
- Updated save & load process for Live Deltas
- Current vs Session may display an incorrect same value of 1:34:567 for all sectors. This is a known bug at certain (HD) resolutions.
- New export of Bathurst
- Changes for several cars audio to levels, compression curves and parameter settings, some minor crossfade changes, distortion dsp added
- All Leonus cars audio – adjustments to levels and exhaust params
- Car exhausts and impacts audio – adding in attack parameter to the compression settings to allow make up gain to act as additional volume control boost
- Removed the Test Track from Time Trial mode.
- Leonus F86: Revised engine heating/cooling so it runs around 110C instead of 165C.
Team Membership of Project CARS starts at a one-time payment of 10€ for Junior access to regular development builds. For more info on pricing and benefits of membership, check out the WMD website.
In related news, the Eurogamer Hot Lap Challenge using Project CARS has ended as WMD member veilsidebr has posted the quickest lap and will get to travel all the way from Brazil to London to design a track for Project CARS with the Slightly Mad Studios team!