Project CARS – 4k Resolution Previews
If you are a regular VirtualR reader, you know that Slightly Mad Studios Project CARS’ is at the forefront of establishing 4K resolution gaming together with Panasonic.
Now, some screenshots of Project CARS 4k version have surfaced, showing the WMD-powered simulation in a whopping 3840×2160 pixel resolution that shows off even the tiniest details.
You can check out the previews below, they might take a little longer to load due to the large size.
In related news, as on every weekday, a new Project CARS development build has been made available to all WMD members with Team Member level and above.
Build 654 (03/02/14, Team Member+) – 295.5 MB
* x64: Set default floating point model to ‘fast’ in x64 Release and Gold props
* x64: Set default instruction set to SSE2 in x64 Release and Gold props
* x64: Disabled optimisations when compiling Wheel::CalculateTrackDistance due to x64 compiler crash
* Enable Fast GPU kick offs in non Monolithic XB1/DX11. fix for Monolithic lock issue
* Racing flags updates: Racing flags adds track position scalar (from PaulH), send yellow and green flag events to physics, processing of flag events in trackStatus, accessors to flag events in trackStatus
* Partial fix for “Oil Warning”. Added “PIT IN” text to the placeholder scheduled pit icon
* Fix for MP race running wrong race mode + logging to trap future issues
* Tires: Longitudinal no-grip fix. FA r4
* Tires: R6 and r7 FC ; fixed the non-FP tire pressure issue
* Updated computation of vehicle metrics timestamp, to include time covered by latest simulation substep.
* Updated physics replay system to not attempt recording of vehicles while replay is in progress.
* Updated vehicle reset signal timeout to be driven by simulation time.
* Elapsed simulation time is no longer affected by replay.
* Updated computation of elapsed simulation time to avoid accumulation of floating point precision errors.
* Removed unused simulation time accumulator.
* New trackside vehicles: Viewer instanced assets (exports and art source files)
* Loire: Further works on outer terrain, added latest assets from Jan and Tomas, closed gaps in terrain. baked broad map, added sideroads and tinted grass, fixed intersecting trees, new texture maps, 1st commit
* Brands Hatch GP: Fix of floating trees, 3D trees added
– Azure Coast (Full/FullRev/Stage1): CTD happens when reaching the end of the track
– Derby Park: Strange artifacts in 3 sections of the track
Project CARS will be available for the PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Steam OS, and Wii U starting Fall 2014. More info can be found on the WMD website.