iRacing has released a new preview video of their historic North Wilkesboro Speedway that will be making a major debut tonight, being the venue of the final round of NASCAR’s official iRacing Pro Series as the real-life NASCAR Cups are resuming next week.
iRacing’s NASCAR series goes out with a bang though as the NASCAR Pro Invitational will not just be the first ever event to use North Wilkesboro Speedway, it’ll also feature a special guest driver as NASCAR legend Jeff Gordon joins the pack with a virtual version of his iconic Rainbow-Warrior car.
Gordon is among the few drivers in the field who have actually raced at North Wilkesboro in real life before circuit operations ceased in 1996. Thanks to iRacing, this popular venue is now preserved forever in the virtual world, check out their documentary to get an idea of the work that was required to virtually preserve the abandoned venue.
Ahead of tonight’s high-profile event, iRacing has also released a new hot fix for the 2020 Season – Patch 8 build of their simulation.
- Fixed an issue where towing during parade laps would not correctly be recognized as a missed-start tow, so the lap zero-crossing was never being recorded as the race began, leaving the car a lap down.
NASCAR Cup Series Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
- Windshield banner texture has been updated.
Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport MR
- Tag Heuer branding has been added.
- 2020 Season 2 Balance of Power Adjustment: Maximum MGU-K regeneration power has been increased to 350 kW.
Skip Barber Formula 2000
- The rev-limiter type has been updated to a hard limiter. The bouncing limiter has been removed for authenticity.
- Audio levels for the starter/ignition sounds have been improved.
Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya
- Adjusted the visibility settings on some curbs to prevent them from disappearing at various graphics settings.
- Fixed an issue where overhead bridges could disappear while using lower graphics settings.
- Some signs have been updated.
Texas Motor Speedway
- Fixed an issue where the main grandstand could disappear while using lower graphics settings.