Two days ago, I posted a first story on the second downloadable content pack for Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed and EA has now revealed the content of the “SpeedHunters” pack.
Following the Legend DLC pack that introduced historic racing machinery and tracks to the title, the Speed Hunters pack caters to fans of drag racing and street competition, introducing two all-new disciplines to the game: Drag racing & standing mile.
While the drag racing mode rewards the player with the quickest time on a half-mile stretch, the standing mile competition is all about maximum top-end speed on a mile stretch.
To simulate these driving disciplines, both modes will force players to use manual gear shift without traction control. Alongside the two new game modes and matching drag strips, the pack also includes 14 new cars, twelve of which are specially-tuned version of cars available in Shift 2 Unleashed.
– Dodge Challenger R/T Speedhunters
– Lexus LFA Speedhunters
– Mazda RX-7 (FC3S) Speedhunters
– McLaren MP4-12C Speedhunters
– Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution 2 Speedhunters
– Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Speedhunters
– Mitsubishi Lancer EVOLUTION IX MR-edition Speedhunters
– Nissan Fairlady 240ZG (S30) Speedhunters
– Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R (C10) Speedhunters
– Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) Speedhunters
– Pagani Huayra Speedhunters
– Toyota Supra Speedhunters
– Dodge Viper GTS by Twins Turbo (reward car)
– World Racing Pro-FWD Reaper Scion tC (reward car)
– Miyatomi Drag Strip
– Miyatomi Mile
– Aguera Drag Strip
– Agueda Aerodrome
– Nevada Drag Strip
– Nevada Freight Yard
Below is a video trailer, showing off some in-game footage of the new mode. Interestingly, the new DLC pack has been announced to be available for the PC as well, PC gamers will not get their hands on the pack on May 17 though as the upcoming second patch is needed to make the PC version DLC-compatible first.
The pack will be available on Xbox Live for 800 Microsoft Points and the Playstation Network Store for $9.99. Given the continued downtime of the Playstation Network following the massive data leak, Xbox 360 version owners may very well the only ones getting their hands on the pack on May 17th.