iRacing.com – Lots of New Features Coming Up
iRacing’s Steve Myers has released one of his famous “Cat Herder” blogs in which he usually shares a lot of news regarding the title’s long-term development.
This edition is no exception as plenty of new stuff is being announced, including new content, a possible licensing deal with BMW and plenty of work going on under the hood of the simulation.
You can check out the full blog in all detail here and just in case you don’t have time to read it all you can find the most important points in a nutshell below:
- Circuit Gilles Villeneuve Coming
- Ford Fusion & Mustang to be added to the NASCAR stable
- Kansas & Auto Club Speedway are next ovals to be scanned, completing the NASCAR Sprint Cup track lineup
- Work on BMW licensing has started
- Bathurst to be scanned this fall
- Oran Park & Rockingham coming in late October
- iRacing will move to native 64-bit support & DirectX 11 in the future
- The audio side of things will be moved to XAudio2 framework in the future
- Turbo-modelling & all wheel drive are being added to the physics arsenal
- Other graphic details such as marshals, dirt build-up and backfire to be added
And to make it all go down easier, iRacing has also packed in some new previews, showing the Mclaren MP4-12C GT3 as well as the Lotus 49 Formula One car.