Polyphony Digital has released the 1.09 update for Gran Turismo 6, introducing plenty of new content for the PS3 racer.
Aside from the technical changes & fixes below, the new update introduces a brand new track and several cars.
As announced a few days ago, the Red Bull Ring is making its Gran Turismo debut as the Austrian Formula One venue is now available in Gran Turismo 6.
In terms of cars, the new update introduces the Volkswagen Vision GTI, RJN Motorsport GT-R NISMO GT3, Lexus IS F CCS-R ’11 as well as the Toyota TS030 of World Endurance Championship fame.
Adjustments to the physics simulation model
The physics simulation model of “Gran Turismo 6” has been updated with the following changes:
- The dynamics of the car on surfaces with cornerstones and bumps have been improved
- The effect of the tyre geometry has been changed (mainly for the “Camber Angle” option)
- The handling of some rear heavy cars has been improved;
The default settings of the tuning parts have also been adjusted to match the above changes.
Other cars adjustments
On the various Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X models, it is now possible to enable the [Active Steering] under the [Driving Options] of the “Quick Menu”.
Other offline improvements and adjustments
– [Data Logger] can now be opened from the “Quick Menu” of Time Trial events. Please note that only limited features will be available in this way. Please refer to the online manual for more details.
– A [Reset to Default] option that returns the car to its showroom condition has been added under [Car Settings].
– Signal Starts are now enabled on tracks with signals.
Other online improvements and adjustments
– A countdown is now displayed on the bottom right part of the Open Lobby screen, showing the time before an event starts and the time when the track voting ends.
– The uploading time for both Drift Trials and Time Trials (Section) have been changed.
The patch weighs 598mb and can now be downloaded simply by launching Gran Turismo 6 with the Playstation 3 connected to the internet.