The upcoming issue of the Official Playstation Magazine will have an extensive article on Polyphony’s Gran Turismo 5, revealing some exclusive details on the upcoming Playstation 3 racing title.
Perhaps the most exciting news is that the Indycar Series (IRL) will be joining GT5 as both the Dallara Indycars and some of the series’ tracks will be in the game. Furthermore, the article confirms that both night racing and weather effects will be included.
Details in a nutshell:
– The IRL will join the NASCAR Sprint Cup and the World Rally Championship as third high-profile series license in GT5.
– GT 5 will include over 1000 cars, all of which will be having a fully modelled cockpit-view
– Both night racing and weather effects will make their debut in a GT-series title
– All cars will have deformation damage, race cars will be having detachable parts and interior damage visible in cockpit view too
– GT5 will run in 1080p HD resolution at 60fps, maxing out the Playstation 3’s abilities according to Polyphony Digital
– The game will include both classical petrol-powered cars as well as green approaches including hybrids and fully-electrical cars like the Tesla Roadster
– The game’s online mode is planned to support up to 16 players
– No word on the planned US/Europe release has been given
You can read the full article below thanks to GTPlanet user “Digital-Nitrate”, the article also includes an interesting interview with GT creator Kazunori Yamauchi.