Gunnar333 has released a new version of his highly-detailed Goodwood Festival of Speed track for Assetto Corsa.
Nearly two years of work have gone into creating the world-famous hillclimb from scratch featuring plenty of details from the British venue that has become synonymous with historic racing & car culture each summer.
Goodwood Festival of Speed 1.11 for AC Changelog
- New layouts:
HQ versions should be used with CSP and stFlow shader installed
LQ versions for people having issues with that.
Both layouts have a wet variant too.
- New 2D crowd
- No 3D crowd on track details: low to hight anymore
only available on very high and maximum settings
- New AI – now you can do trackdays with up to 29 opponents, race mode do also work (nonsense for hillclimb), time attack mode is not supported.
still some minor problems left:
yellow flag showing when 6 opponents or more
do not enter sign when leaving the pits
If someone knews a work around for this please post in the discussion thread.
New CSP grassFX
- New Flags (works better with dynamic wind in CSP now)
- VIP tent window material improvements
- some mesh improvements
(like texture clipping at main bridge, noticable in VR)
- New spectator flags on grandstands
- New animating objects (Ferris Wheel, Helicoters, Plane and Race Marshals)
- Custom sound bank (sound fx for spectators, track announcer, helicopters, and ferris wheel)
- no balloons 😉
Being a hillclimb, the track is suited to do hot lapping instead of actual racing and works best in practice mode. The track is also made to work well with the Sol Weather simulation add-on for Assetto Corsa.
If you want to donate to the creator of the track, you can do so here.