Fanatec has unveiled an updated version of their super-successful ClubSport Wheel Base.
The new version boasts more advanced electronics and a new motor for improved feeling, functionality and even higher durability.
The electronics now feature a faster USB update rate of 1000 Hz and allow for firmware updates of the new motor driver. The tuning menu features have been improved, now featuring an advanced drift mode, which can now add a natural damper to avoid oscillation or a negative damper which will speed up the wheel while turning.
Saving the best news for last, the ClubSport Wheel base has not only been improved but is now selling for a cheaper price as well. The V2.5 is available for 549,95€ including VAT or 499,95 US Dollars + sales tax respectively.
All existing pre-orders for the V2 version will be upgraded to the new model, more information on the new base is available on the Fanatec website.
- Choose from a growing selection of very realistic steering wheels in many different styles
- Quick release system allows the easy change of steering wheels within seconds, even during gameplay
- Wheel base made of CNC machined aluminum parts with anodized finish
- Rock solid: Product weight is 4200 g, product dimensions (l x w x h) 210 mm x 295 mm x 150 mm
- DirectSensor™ technology: The sensor is mounted directly on the steering axis to avoid interference and performance issues that are inherent in belt and gear drives that have motor mounted sensor systems
- DUAL HALL technology: One Sensor is mounted on the motor and a second one on the axis. It does not get more precise than this.
- Ultra strong brushless servo motor
- Support for vibration motors in the steering wheel (depending on the steering wheel model)
- Cooling system with two big fans (left and back sides) and a huge heat sink on the motor
- Belt drive mechanism that’s made completely of metal and uses high quality ball bearings and European belts to deliver the smoothest, most precise force feedback possible.
- High belt tension to avoid any slippage and durable ball bearings to minimize the drag
- Mount for ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles and other optional accessories
- Firmware can be updated with new features
- Motor driver firmware can also be updated
- 900° of rotation which can be reduced in the tuning menu of the attached ClubSport Steering Wheel
- Fast 1000 Hz USB update rate
- Allows connection for two external shifters (e.g. H-pattern and sequential) in parallel
- Tuning functions* with LED display of the steering wheel to adjust settings independent from the game and during gameplay
- Saves up to 5 wheel set-ups
- Adjust sensitivity independent from the game. Turning angle can be adjusted in the wheel from 90° to 900°
- Adjust force feedback strength during game play
- Adjustment for vibration intensity in the steering wheel (depending on the steering wheel model). The vibration motors can be used by a game directly or by the ABS function
- Simulate ABS vibration in the steering wheel (depending on the steering wheel model) and on pedals with rumble motor like the ClubSport Pedals V3 by setting a starting point at % of brake input
- Advanced Drift Mode can now add a natural damper to avoid oscillation or a negative damper which will speed up the wheel.
- Customize the force feedback sensations by changing the spring, force effects and dampening forces
- Adjust the brake force sensitivity of compatible loadcell pedals like the ClubSport Pedals V3 or the CSL Elite Pedals LC
- * Tuning functions are subject to change.