Fanatec has unveiled the limited edition ClubSport 2020 steering wheel, celebrating their official partnership with the Formula One eSports series.
The wheel comes with a forged carbon finish on the 5 mm carbon fibre front plate, the wheel’s equipped with the ClubSport Magnetic Paddle shifters, their 3mm carbon fibre paddles finished in forged carbon are exclusive to this limited wheel.
The ClubSport F1 2020 Steering Wheel is fully compatible to all PC simulations, Playstation 4 comparability depends on using one of Fanatec’s PS4-compatible wheel bases (see compatibility list below), the wheel is not compatible to Microsoft’s Xbox One.
Limited to 2020 units globally, the wheel sells for 449,95 Dollars & Euros respectively, more information is available on the Fanatec website.
Now available for pre-order, the wheel will ship starting July 3. At the time of writing, less than 1000 units are still available so interested buyers should hurry up!
Fanatec ClubSport F1 2020 Steering Wheel Features
- F1-style steering wheel with a compact diameter of 27 cm for fast movements and reactions
- Officially licensed by Formula 1™
- Durable construction made of metal and carbon fibre
- 5 mm solid carbon fibre front plate with forged carbon finish. Carbon fibre plate is constructed of approx. 30 layers of unidirectional carbon cloth
- Grips made of genuine smooth leather, perforated for improved breathability
- Steering wheel weight: approx. 1200 g (subject to production changes)
- 11 buttons plus two paddle shifters with ultra-reliable switches
- Two 2-way toggle switches
- Two 12-way multi-position switches
- One FunkySwitch™ (7-way joystick/encoder)
- One analogue joystick (2-axis)
- Two thumb encoders easily reachable while driving without releasing the grips
- Two vibration motors integrated with the grips, controllable through wheel Tuning Menu (SHO) or by game through Fanatec SDK
- Revolution LED bar (RevLEDs) with nine multi-colour LEDs to show motor RPM and optimal shifting point as games program through the Fanatec SDK
- Two flag LED bars (FlagLEDs) each with three multi-colour LEDs each to indicate tyre slip, flag warnings, pit limiter, and more, as games program through the Fanatec SDK
- User-defined LED and display behavior via FanaLab
- 1″ 128×64 white OLED display to show telemetry data like speed or gear as games program through the Fanatec SDK
- Tuning functions with OLED display to adjust settings independent from the game and during gameplay (see description of compatible wheel base/racing wheel for details)
- ClubSport Magnetic Paddle Module pre-installed (this accessory will also be available separately, by the end of Q3 2020. Price 99.95EUR, 99.95USD, 11,900JPY, 169.90AUD)
- Exclusive carbon fibre paddles finished in forged carbon
- Paddle plates made of real, 3 mm-thick carbon fibre
- Paddle module cage made of CNC machined aluminium
- Neodymium magnets
- Paddle module easily upgradable to PODIUM Advanced Paddle Module (optional)
- 11 customisable black button caps included
- Full sticker set and application tool from ‘Button Caps and Sticker Set’ included
- Exchangeable Quick Release made of aluminium
- This product is only compatible with the following wheel bases:
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5
- CSL Elite Wheel Base
- CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1
- CSL Elite Wheel Base + – officially licensed for PS4™
- CSL Elite Racing Wheel – officially licensed for PS4™
- PODIUM Wheel Base DD1
- PODIUM Wheel Base DD2
- PODIUM Racing Wheel F1® PS4™
- PC: This product is fully compatible with Windows PCs. Detailed functionality support is game-dependent.
- PS4: The wheel will only work on PS4 in combination with a PS4-compatible wheel base. The functionality of this product on PS4 can be limited by the capabilities of the console (subject to firmware/OS changes and developer support). Full functionality can only be guaranteed on PC; this is also game-dependent.
- Xbox One®: This steering wheel is not compatible with Xbox One.